Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Losing step counts when syncing more than one device.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Today I went for a bike ride and used my Blaze to track my ride using the GPS.  I also wore my Charge 2 in my shoe in order to track my steps.  I turned off all the auto detect functions on both the Blaze and Charge, therefore manually selecting the Bike Ride tracking when I started my ride.

When I got home from my ride, the Charge indicated I had over 7000 steps,  Initially my FitBit dashboard also indicated over 7000 steps as well as 71 active minutes, however when the Blaze synced both the dashboard and my Charge changed to reflect what was on the Blaze, which was less than 2300 steps and only 16 active minutes.

Is this always going to happen?  Will there be no way I can track both steps and activities like biking?  

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

It sounds like you want to take some stats from one device and other stats from the other device.  I am fairly certain that is not possible.

But also I think it doesn't make sense to try to count steps from pedal revolutions on a bicycle.

Bicycling does not have steps; neither do swimming or weight lifting or yoga.  That does not mean they are not good exercise.

Steps are a simple quick-look way of quantifying exercise when most of the exercise comes from walking, but ultimately steps are not the sole measure of exercise.

See Can I wear more than one Fitbit device at the same time?

"If you have more than one device paired to the same account and you forget to take one off before putting on another, we’ll reconcile the overlapping data to present the most accurate information possible on your dashboard. For example, if one of your trackers is using GPS and another is not, your dashboard chooses the GPS data when calculating total distance since GPS provides a more accurate distance measurement than step counting alone. However, the more overlapping data that exists on your account, the more likely it is that your dashboard's accuracy will suffer. For best results, don't wear more than one device at a time and sync each device before taking it off and putting on another.

Create a separate account for each device if you want to wear more than one device at the same tim
e."

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

You're wearing two devices at once so you can try to get unearned steps while cycling? What ever makes you feel good I guess. 🤣 Cycling is not step based, so you really shouldn't get many steps cycling. The Fitbits pick up bumps as unearned steps anyway though. So you'll always get some steps while cycling.

Looks like by trying to cheat and double up, you got less. Only 16 active minutes. You manually had cycling activated, so fitbit probably tried to compensate for double input and wiped out most of the steps, and a lot of the activity. Cool idea though. Thanks for the laugh. 😀

Best Answer
0 Votes