Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost blaze, how to find it?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is there any way i can find my blaze, i tried using the alarm feature and it didn't work?

Moderator edit: subject updated for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

There are a couple of things to try in this help file:

http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1188

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Community @Forgetful79 and @SteveH thanks for stopping by and the tips provided. If you don't find your tracker after trying our tips, please get in touch with our support team. For a faster response you can contact them via chat or phone. Please also check our warranty policy.

See you around. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Everyone should know that if someone finds your Fitbit they are free to set it up as their own even though Fitbit knows it is yours. My girlfriend lost her Blaze, contacted Fitbit to report it lost and they told her that her Blaze had been paired with a new account. They say it is against their policy to block someone from activating a known lost Fitbit. They can positively ID it as yours but they won't tell the new user that it's lost. Fitbit will tell you it's time to update your device but they won't tell someone that they have found a Fitbit that is lost & to please send it back to Fitbit. Fitbit actually thinks this is a reasonable policy. I can't fathom why. Am I alone?

Best Answer

it is, cause it's your responsibility not to lose it. Also, it's just as you were to lose your phone, it's not samsung's fault...

Best Answer
0 Votes

If I watch someone at the airport steal your bag and I know who it was and where the bag is I don't have any obligation to tell you becuase you should not have let your bag be stolen?

Best Answer
0 Votes

To be clear, it is certainly not Fitbit's fault or responsibility that it was lost or that someone has stolen it. If it is lost and can't be found then so be it. It was either lost or stolen, but it's gone.

In this case the exact concern is that Fitbit has knowledge of the whereabouts of a stolen device and is not participating in preventing it from being used. Having this policy means there is no incentive to return a found Fitbit. They also have the opportunity to communicate that it is known to be a lost device and request it's return. It seems to me there is an obligation to have a policy that does not allow users to steal the devices they wish to activate.

Can one register a stolen car using the VIN number if the VIN number is reported as stolen? Can a stolen iPhone be activated using it's un-altered serial number if it was reported as stolen? I don't know but I don't think it should be allowed. Doesn't this make sense?

Best Answer