Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mail notifications

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi. I can't seem to get mail notifications on my Blaze. I've got it toggled ON in notifications in the app but they never come through on my watch. Is this a glitch or do they just not work? Every other notification seems to work except this one.

Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I decided to try something different and turned off my watch, reset all my settings in Mail and lo and behold it's started working!

Success 😀👍

Thanks for the replies 😀

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

Hello @Philboot, no this is not expected. What phone are we talking about, and is the fitbit app set for the proper email program?

Do you get phone and text notifications? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi thanks for replying. Phone is an iPhone 6. I'm not sure what you mean about the Fitbit app being set up for the right email program though. I've toggled the mail switch on and it just said that once an email came through it would send to watch but this hasn't happened. The mail icon in the notifications section of the fitbit app is the same one as the iPhone one. All my other notifications are working for messages etc.

Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry I've clicked accept as solution by mistake!

Best Answer
0 Votes

You have to have your notifications "show in notification center".  I changed that in the notifications and it worked for me.

Best Answer

Hi. Thanks for replying. If I'm correct in thinking you mean 'show in notification centre' on the thread notifications in the Mail App, yes that's toggled ON and always has been as I get notifications on my phone all the time, really can't understand why it's not working on my watch. Very frustrating!

Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I decided to try something different and turned off my watch, reset all my settings in Mail and lo and behold it's started working!

Success 😀👍

Thanks for the replies 😀

Best Answer

@Philboot I was answering in respect to what i know, Android. Without knowing which phone, but knowing that android outsells Iphones, i had assumed.

On Android there are at least 20 popular email programs and many may have 2 different ones on their phones i have to tell Fitbit which to look at.

I also marked your answer as the solution.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having a slightly different issue.  I have a Samsung S7 and the only email option it gives me is Gmail, but I have the email app set as my default.  I have a couple of Gmail accounts and a couple of non-gmail accounts that the app manages. Any idea why I only get the Gmail option in notifications?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@david3730the Fitbit app is looking for email programs, not email addresses. 

You mention multiple email addresses. Do yoiu have more thanbone email app on your phone that you use? If so you can add tge others through the extended notifacations option.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I understand its looking for apps, I just mentioned my multiple accounts because I can't just use Gmail (or don't want to have it manage all my email).  But since I made that post, I disabled the gmail app and it let me select a new app--now I seem to be getting email notifications.  I'll see what I can find on the extended notifications option, thanks

I'm now experiencing something similar with text messages. They were coming via Hangouts, I disabled that and was able to select the app I'm using, but they have not started to hit my Blaze yet.

Thanks for timely response

Best Answer
0 Votes