Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message notifications on Blaze not being dismissed

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have Blaze and Samsung S5.  I am able to get text messages and phone call notification on my blaze.   However, after I read and dimiss the text messages as read (ie swip to right) or select "clear all" messages on Blaze,  after a while the text messages come back again.  

Plus I get duplicate messages appearing on the Blaze.

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

@Ched  By chance have you tried restarting your Blaze?  (Press and hold left and lower right buttons together until you see the fitbit logo)

Perhaps that will help~

Kelly | Oklahoma
Alta HR, Blaze, Flex 2, Charge 2, Charge, and Aria * IPhone 7+

Best Answer

Hey there @Ched. Great to see you in the Forums!

I'd like to add to @Kmransom123's great advice that if restarting doesn't work, you might want to unpair your tracker from the bluetoth settings on your phone and pair it back. Just to ensure that your tracker is not receiving double getting the notifications. For this, go to your bluetooth settings on your phone. Here tap on your Blaze. Hit the "Forget this device" option. Go back to your Fitbit app, tap on your tracker at the top left corner and then go to the notifications section, enable them and see if this makes any difference.

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am trying this right now, and see what happens.

I'm curious, on my phone I see 2 possible connection

-Blaze

-Blaze (Classic)

Which one should I be connecting?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried just restarting it.  It didn't work.

Now I'm trying unpair method.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back @Ched.

The Blaze Classic is for you to be able to control the music from your Blaze. Just tap on it to connect to your tracker and after that, from the home screen on your Blaze, swipe down and the music streaming on your phone will appear there and you will be able to pause, skip, go back, go forward and control the volume from there.

Let us know if unpairing and re pairing worked!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes