Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mile Splits

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Today I ran 3 miles and I saw the mile splits on my Blaze. I synced the Blaze to my iPhone but the mile splits do not show up and now I can't go back and see my run information. I tried going to the dashboard to see if it would show up there but no luck and no luck after force closing the app either. Any ideas or suggestions? Does wifi need to be on in order for the blaze to sync with my phone's GPS?

Thanks!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
12 REPLIES 12

Hello @Lksmithrn a few questions ok maybe only one or two.

Do you have the Blaze setup to record splits. 

While running when the mile came up, where you able to see the split time on the wrist?  GPS is not needed to display splits.

Did you get a map that shows your path? This will tell us if GPS was working. 

As for WiFi this is just one of two ways to gain access to the internet,  i do not need internet access on the Galaxy S5 to get access to the GPS?

As for GPS, it doesnt sync, but connects to the phones GPS, and you will see an status indicator on the screen of the Blaze.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Lksmithrn a few questions ok maybe only one or two.

Do you have the Blaze setup to record splits, both in the app and on the Blaze?

Before starting the run, tap the settings gear found on the Run screen. Does it show that splits are on?

While running when the mile came up, where you able to see the split time on the wrist?  GPS is not needed to display splits.

Did you get a map that shows your path? This will tell us if GPS was working. 

As for WiFi this is just one of two ways to gain access to the internet,  i do not need internet access on the Galaxy S5 to get access to the GPS?

As for GPS, it doesnt sync, but connects to the phones GPS, and you will see an status indicator on the screen of the Blaze.

I gave some things to check for splits, and i dont knkw if tye GPS was working or not.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes I have it set up to split the miles and I did see them on my wrist. In the past, if GPS wasn't connected, I wouldn't see the mile splits. No I don't have a map, but I have had one when the miles were split and showed up on the app and the dashboard. I didn't pay attention to the screen when I clicked on the Blaze (wrist) to connect to GPS, but assumed it was activated since it said 'let's go.' In the past, if I didn't have my phone with me, again, the Blaze doesn't split miles - so that's why I am confused as to why I saw them on my wrist but can't pull them up on the app or dashboard. 😕

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you check this  setting1495835284559636863702.jpg

Does the run event show up in the logs?

As for running cues, without the GPSit should use the stride to determine the distance.

Now if you say that cues for you need the GPS, and you didnt get a map. GPS was not working and that would be why no cues.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes the run cues are always on and I don't change it. The run does show up in the app and in the dashboard with my pace and the total miles, and the total time. After my run and clicked on the stop button, the mile splits showed up on the Blaze. Usually it connects without issue and I get a map and the mile splits on the phone, but not this time.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Oh and I did get the cues every mile, which is how I have it set up in the app - I looked at it twice, at mile 1 and mile 2. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

A warm welcome to the Community @Lksmithrn and @Rich_Laue thanks for stopping by.

I would like to know if you manually log this activity like walking or running? If you did, I recommend deleting that activity since it might cause some discrepancies. If you didn't, I recommend performing a force sync by doing the following from your Fitbit app:

1. Tap the Blaze icon

2. Tap Sync now

I hope to hear from you soon. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Alejandro -

No I didn't manually log the run. The run was Friday, and I forced synced it several times. I also force-closed the app and restarted it and then synced it and nothing. It's a moot point now as I will never get that information back. Maybe if Fitbits had GPS ... 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Lksmithrn, with a compatible phone, your blaze can have GPS and give a map of the route you ran. Currently the Surge is the only Fitbit that has a built in GPS.

The mile cues you where receivimg while on the run where based on step count times the stride. They should have been carried over into the app and web, displayed as line items.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Lksmithrn, wi5h a compatible phone, your blaze can have GPS and give a map of the route you ran. Currently the Surge is the only Fitbit that has a built in GPS.

Your mile cues you where receivimg while on the run where based on step count times stride. They should have been carried over into the app and web, displayed as line items. When im in the walk mode, where the user can not see tge sllits on the arm, they still show on the app after a sync. Sorry but im not sure what happened.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Apparently my post was not clear so I will try again - 

I have a Blaze which I know doesn't have GPS so I carry my iPhone 6 with me when I run so I can get mile splits.  When I ran on Friday, I clicked exercise, running on my Blaze, clicked connect to my phone, my Blaze said, "let's go,' and I ran 3 miles. I saw the mile splits on my Blaze (wrist), synced my Fitbit app with the Blaze on my phone, and nothing. Nada - no mile splits every showed up on the app or the dashboard. I was just wondering what happened. Like I said, it's a moot point now as I will never get that info back. Thanks everyone. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The splits should not show on the main dashboard but on the event logged.

I understood the GPS was connected,  this is not required to show solits in the logged activity.

As long as the activity knows how for your run/walk was the split times should show in the app. It simply confuses me that it doesn't. 

Best Answer
0 Votes