Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile track and Google pixel

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi all

Has anyone gotten mobile track to work with the Google pixel. I see it's now officially a supported device. But I am unable to get it working. I have followed the required steps but no luck.

Dcmax

Best Answer
44 REPLIES 44

A warm welcome to the Community @Dcmax! Yes, Google Pixel is now listed as a supported device and you should be able to use MobileTrack. I would like you to confirm you're following these steps to get it working: 

To get started, download the Fitbit app from the Apple App Store, Google Play Store, or Windows Store, and tap Join Fitbit. When asked which tracker you're setting up, choose "No Fitbit Yet?" and follow the MobileTrack instructions.

- If you already have a Fitbit account, log into the app and tap or click the Account icon 

- Choose the option for setting up a new device and follow the MobileTrack instructions.

Additionally, you can learn more about it by checking How do I use MobileTrack?. Are you getting any specific error that's not letting you use this option? 

Keep me posted! 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
Thanks for welcome 🙂

I already have a fitbit account and have been using my Blaze with my google
nexus; and mobile track on the nexus when I don't have my Blaze on me.

With my new device google pixel, I have attempted your solution.
-logged out logged back into the app
-when I go to account icon and choose option for new device, I do not get
any option for mobile track just the list of other track devices

I am not getting any errors, just that the mobile track option is not
present

Dean

--

Dean C. Maxwell
Best Answer

This is exactly the issue I am having as well. The list of devices to add are all just fitbit hardware, no "other" or "device not listed" option, despite the Pixel being listed as a compatible device for MobileTrack. Any suggestions? 

Best Answer

Same exact issue here. Just got a Pixel XL and the no MobileTrack option. Wiped all Fitbit app data and reinstalled but still nothing.

Best Answer

Since you already have a Blaze. When you press the add device in the Fitbit app, are you saying that Mobile track is not an option found at the bottom of the screen?

Best Answer

That's correct, there is no option for mobile track at the bottom

Best Answer

Has anyone managed to solve this? I'm seeing the same problem.

Best Answer

Hey Everyone! Thank you so much to each of you for reporting this, as you're not getting MobileTrack option. 

I've reported this to my team and I want to apologize for the confusion that this has given. Google Pixel is a supported device but MobileTrack option hasn't yet been tested and was mistakenly added to the page. If this feature is added in the future, we'll update you to let you know. 

Once again, your understanding is truly appreciated! 

Best Answer

Thanks for the clarification Silvia

Best Answer

Is this going to get resolved?

I just got the pixel and am unable to add it as mobile tracker.

It is still listed under https://www.fitbit.com/devices as available to use for MobileTrack.

Best Answer

Hey there @Ole_! I appreciate your comments. I already informed my team about MobileTrack not being an option available for this phone. I apologize for the inconvenient, my team is working to get this clarified in the website, so it doesn't create confusion. 

Thanks for your understanding! 

Best Answer

>Google Pixel is a supported device but MobileTrack option hasn't yet been tested 

Why does this take ages? Why is Fitbit so reluctant to add new devices? Since the launch of the Pixel XL nearly a year has gone now. 

Best Answer

A warm welcome to the Community @SunsetRunner and thanks for the feedback. Regarding to your question, keep in mind that our team is testing the compatibility and features of some phones, it might take some time for them to add some features to some devices for several reasons like the compatibility of the phone or the system that this have, etc. I recommend keeping an eye on our list of compatible mobile devices for any update.

Catch you later. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

1st: 

>keep in mind that our team is testing the compatibility and features of some phones, it might take some time 

well, I agree that it takes some time, but more than 10 months? Soon the next Google phone will be out...

2nd:

>I recommend keeping an eye on our list of compatible mobile devices for any update.

The Google Pixel XL is mentioned here still, but does not offer the "Mobile Track" option. 

Best Answer

That is correct @SunsetRunner, as @SilviaFitbit mentioned  not all the bugs have been worked out.

While android is great for freedom, it means that hadware is not related to one desigh,, software also can be different. This could mean a special app for each android model.

Best Answer

Why would the Pixel be listed as a supported device if it hasn't been tested.  How about you don't list it as supported until it is supported.  That way when you look up all the features that are supported for this phone on your website (mobile track is listed by the way) people won't expect it to work.  Maybe wait for it to actually work.  

Best Answer

Welcome to the Community @atrain11! Currently, Pixel is a supported device. However, MobileTrack feature isn't an option yet. Fitbit is always trying to add more devices to the list

Thanks for your understanding once again, I already informed by team about this misunderstanding. 

Best Answer

How about a timeline?  This is ridiculous. You are essentially saying we will get to it when we want to.  I left my fitbit home by accident and need this as a backup for it.  Any other suggestions other than no forgetting my fitbit?

Best Answer

Hey there @BillDrew! You can manually log your activities and this will help you recovering your data. You can manually log it from your app or online Dashboard, just follow this procedure

Hope this helps you recovering your data, this day you forgot your tracker. 

Best Answer
0 Votes