Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile track and Google pixel

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi all

Has anyone gotten mobile track to work with the Google pixel. I see it's now officially a supported device. But I am unable to get it working. I have followed the required steps but no luck.

Dcmax

Best Answer
44 REPLIES 44

This is honestly ridiculous. Pixel is not an obscure mobile from a third world country, it's the referenced model that all Android developers use to test their application and the base of all Android firmwares around.

There is no doubt it is going to work, you simply do not want to add more smartphones because you are afraid people are not purchasing devices any longer.

I'm a fairly happy user of Blaze and actually considering the purchase of the new Ionic but this is the attitude of the company then, well, I will look elsewhere for my next tracker.

Best Answer

Google pixel seems to be a compatible device since the option is there when you first join Fitbit. I used to have it before buying a  Fitbit then accidentally deleted it after buying a Fitbit and know I can't get it back. It's  likely an app bug the option disappears once you associate your account with a Fitbit device. Sounds like it should be a quick fix. If you create a fresh account the option is there.

Best Answer

Why would I want to create a fresh account?  That is not a real world option.  Fixing the app is.

Best Answer

Thanks.  That is a good temporary thing except that stuff added does not count towards any of the challenges as far as I know.  

Best Answer

This is just ridiculous that this hasn't been remedied. My 3rd Fitbit band broke and now I can't track my steps with MobileTrack? Great business model. Please add Mobile Track for the Pixel models.

Best Answer

To save battery Fitbit moved Mobile Track computation onto a piece of phone hardware that is found in most but not all Android phones. Unfortunately i don't remember what this hardware circuit is, but if the phone doesn't have it then mobile track won't work.

Best Answer

You are speaking about a motion coprocessor that nowadays is very common in the high end cpu like the Snapdragon that is used in the Pixel.

Best Answer

We get that it isn't working, but the website for checking mobiletrack devices still lists the pixel and that seems to be a mistake on fitbit's part. Unlist it if it can't be used for that specific feature. It's annoying. I looked it up, the site said I could do it then I went on a wild google chase to see how to add it and this thread of it not being figured out yet is all I found. Cool. 

Best Answer

Hello,

When is this going to be solved?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Maybe never @AmeerHamzaAsif it might be that the Pixel is missing the required piece of hardware that mobile track requires. 

Best Answer
This is so bad. I switched from Garmin to Fitbit specially for this
feature. They need to figure out this situation.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I've completely given up on Fitbit at this point.
Best Answer
0 Votes

It's not. Lot of other apps (including google fit, withings' app, etc) use what google used to call the sensor hub in order to count steps. Fitbit just doesn't care about pixel users probably. I wonder if mobiletrack will work on pixel 2 or if Fitbit has just given up on this feature 

Best Answer

Surprise!

Last Fitbit update brought Mobile Tracker on Pixel!

Best Answer

Finally, been waiting since my original post:full_moon_face:

Best Answer
0 Votes
Where do I find it?

Bill Drew
Sent from my Google Pixel Phone
Best Answer
0 Votes

On you profile screen select add device.

Best Answer
This is so awesome. Finally!
Best Answer
Where is it? When does it show up? I don't see it.

--
Bill Drew
----------------------------------
Web: BillDrewLibrarian.wordpress.com
Email: bill.drew@gmail.com

The views expressed in this email are those of the author and do not
necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Goldbelt C6, the Air
Force, the Department of Defense, or the U.S. Government.
Best Answer
0 Votes

On your profile page of the Fitbit app tap "+ Set up a Device", then on the new screen "+Add a new Device". At the bottom "MobileTrack" should appear.

Best Answer