Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Blaze is not charging.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Please advise who I talk to about my fitbit not charging any more.
It has been needing charging every couple of days over the past week and now it wont charge at all argh!

Moderator edit: Topic for clarification

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

A warm welcome to the Community @janeece and @Ritsie402! The fact that the battery of your tracker does not charge can have different causes. The contacts on the tracker or charging cable may be dirty. Clean the charging contacts on the back of the tracker, and the pins on the charging cable so that they are still bronze or gold. 

• Use a toothpick or an alcohol-moistened cotton swab.
  • Be careful not to scratch the contacts with a wire brush or other metallic objects. This can damage the coating and cause corrosion.
  • If you use a toothbrush, first dry it with a cloth or paper towel.
  • It may also be that the USB port is defective or that the tracker is not properly connected to the charging cable. Try different USB ports and make sure that the tracker is properly connected to the cable.

Let me know if it worked!

@Odyssey13 thank you for the good help and advice! Robot wink

Marcel | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir KudosSmiley Wink

Welche Musik hört ihr bei welchem Training?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
13 REPLIES 13

Hi @janeece

First step is to restart the Blaze a few times.

If it's under warranty, get with customer support - click for contact options

Warranty information is here - click

Let us know how things go for you.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Blaze Fitbit suddenly won’t charge. 

Help

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Ritsie402

Did you try restarting the device? Click to learn how.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yea I did and it took all night to charge and noy even to 100%
I think it's dying!
Best Answer
0 Votes

@janeece  if it's under warranty, get with support. If not, then it's probably time for a new device. You shouldn't have to charge the Blaze overnight, but only two hours. My Blaze lived about eighteen months.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hmmm mine is nearly 3 years old so I guess it is time for a new one.
They don't make things to last these days lol
Thanks for your help
Best Answer

@janeece  now you can see what all is out there for Fitbit. When you find the style you want, be sure to remove the Blaze from your smartphone and add the new one to your account.

Best Answer
0 Votes

A warm welcome to the Community @janeece and @Ritsie402! The fact that the battery of your tracker does not charge can have different causes. The contacts on the tracker or charging cable may be dirty. Clean the charging contacts on the back of the tracker, and the pins on the charging cable so that they are still bronze or gold. 

• Use a toothpick or an alcohol-moistened cotton swab.
  • Be careful not to scratch the contacts with a wire brush or other metallic objects. This can damage the coating and cause corrosion.
  • If you use a toothbrush, first dry it with a cloth or paper towel.
  • It may also be that the USB port is defective or that the tracker is not properly connected to the charging cable. Try different USB ports and make sure that the tracker is properly connected to the cable.

Let me know if it worked!

@Odyssey13 thank you for the good help and advice! Robot wink

Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir KudosSmiley Wink

Best Answer
My problem is solved . The charging cord had frayed . Replaced the cord!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
Will try this thank you
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for reporting again @Ritsie402! I am happy to hear that replacing the cord worked out. Smiley Wink

@janeece yes, please try and let me know if it helped.

I wish you both a relaxing day! 

Best Answer

Mine is doing the same and after talking to agents and going thru the steps as for a prepaid shipping label and send it back to them but from what I found out that if you got it as a gift and have not activated the warranty you will have to jump thru loops to try and get Fitbit to honor there product 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It is nice to see you the first time in the Community @RAMMAN1! I thank you for your feedback. Since you have mentioned that you are already in contact with the support team and that a prepaid shipping label has been sent, I hope that a quick and satisfactory solution will be found for you.

Keep me posted! 

Best Answer