Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Blaze no longer holds a charge

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My blaze has been working perfectly since i got it, battery life would last between 4 or 5 days, now all of a sudden the battery life will only last up to a couple of hours. Considering the cost of buying this item, i am very disappointed in it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Moderator edit: subject updated for clarity 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I had the same problem with mine, as the warranty wasn't up I contacted them and they sent me a new tracker. But my friend had the same issue with his warranty being finished and they offered him a discount on a new tracker. I don't think they can be fixed 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
40 REPLIES 40

Hello @AAF69, welcome to the Fitbit Community forums. 

I'm sorry to see that you've been having trouble with the Blaze not holding a charge. The battery can last up to 5 days; because battery life is affected by use and other settings, actual results may vary.

Before considering other options, please make sure that you've followed the steps provided in this article: Can I improve my Fitbit device's battery life?

I've also been informed that you already got in touch with the Customer Support team for further assistance with this. I hope everything goes well. 

Please keep me posted on the outcome. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Blaze also will not hold charge for more than a day.

I have had it new in April 2016.

I use many of the features such as gps bike ride and don’t want to turn any of these off to save battery ..

If repair is not an option ? I guess I will have to replace it 

Best Answer

Hi @HTF, thank you for sharing all this information about what you've been experiencing with the battery life of your Blaze.  

Thank you for sharing this information about turning off some of the features that you use very often. I've gone ahead and sent your information to the Customer Support team for further assistance, so you should be getting a reply soon.

Keep me posted on the outcome. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi I've been having the same issue.  I purchased in Jan 2017, after done the software update, the max battery life is like 4 hours! I have logged the request but no one has gotten back to me (#30976060)

Best Answer
After getting in touch with fitbit and done everything that they instructed regarding my blaze, they confirmed that there was a problem witb my battery. Since it was still under warranty, they are sending me a new one.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

My bjaize no longer keeps a charge.  It says battery is low.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is this a general fault , my blaze has suddenly started losing charge after a few hours - it has wroked perfectly holding charge for several day suntil recently . I hav emade no change sin the way I use it so looking at this forum looks like I am not only one affected in this way 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yup.  Same here.  Suddenly after only having to charge it twice a week, it’s now going dead in hours.  In the last 24 hours I’ve charged it 4 times.  I left it home today with a full charge and after just 2 hours of just sitting on my table, it says the battery is low.  Seems like this is a sudden problem for many people.  I am HOPING the company will do something, but not holding my breath.  After having Fitbits for 5 years, my next tracker is going to be a Garmin.

Best Answer
Will try logging a call with support see if I can get any action. Tracker
is useless if it won't hold charge
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Sandeep15, @K9dancer and @stuartdavidson, thank you for all the details that you've provided about the battery that is draining too fast. 

I've sent your information to the Customer Support team for further assistance with this, but was indeed informed that you already have a case created or that you already got in touch with them. It seems they already sent you a reply about this, could you please confirm? 

That's good news @AAF69, thank you for this updated. 

@Revere1973, the battery can last up to 5 days; because battery life is affected by use and other settings, actual results may vary. Before considering other options, please make sure that you've followed the steps provided in this article: Can I extend my Fitbit device's battery life?

Keep me posted. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi.

Feedback was received from your customer service desk. They blatantly
cannot assist me. They basically said my tracker is out of warranty. So in
turn I wasted my money purchasing an expensive device that only last for
max 2 years?

Never again will I go back to Fitbit and I will also mention this on social
media and word of mouth not to purchase a Fitbit device because after sales
is pathetic.
Best Answer

@DavideFitbit yes, I have had a reply and a offer of a 25% discount on any Fitbit.  However, given the fact that I would have to order it online and would have to pay 20-25% exchange for Canadian dollars and possibly duty on the item, it would cost me far more than the so called discounted price.  

They say it’s a battery problem, but it seems funny to me that it happened almost overnight to so many people.  I think Fitbit used to be a great company, however I no longer trust them and am going to go with another product. 

Best Answer

I have had my fitbit Blaze for about two years and this past weekend I suddenly started to get the logo displayed on my Blaze and it would not sync.  Once I got over that issue, the battery will not hold a charge, going from a full charge to flashing red bars within hours.

This is the second Fitbit device I have had that after a year or two the battery craps out.  I left for about a year after the first device as I was troubled by the poor quality.  I bought the Blaze and have been very happy with the product until this weekend.  I can't see myself buying another device or recommending Fitbit device if they are engineered to only last a couple of years.

Help

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Blaze is also having the same trouble since Sunday. Fully charged at 9am, completely drained by 2pm.

Ive been in touch with Twitter support who said

We appreciate the update. In regards to this our team is now working to identify a resolution as quickly as possible on the Blaze battery issue in syncing with Galaxy Note 8. We're sorry for any trouble and we appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track. In the meantime, we suggest you to sync your Blaze using other compatible device posted here if available: https://t.co/wELyZKo2eq. Please let us know if there's anything we can do to assist you in the meantime.

I don't believe it is a phone specific issue, but does sound like something has gone wrong with an app update. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine too has had the exact same problem .. they’ve offered me a replacement or 50% off new one, I’ve chosen new one but still waiting it’s arrival.. they say they are having logistical Problems 🤦🏻‍:female_sign: 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your replies @Sandeep15 and @K9dancer,  I'm very sorry to see that you've continued experienced trouble with the battery of the Blaze. It is particularly difficulty when the device is no longer covered by the warranty, but even tough Support is eager to help with any problem you may experience with the product, they do need to adhere to the official warranty policy, this would start counting from the original date of purchase.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding the quality; comments from users are always useful to continue to improving the quality of products and services. 

Welcome to the forums @BrakeDa,  thank you for all the information that you've provided so far. I've proceeded to send your information to the Customer Support team for further assistance, so you should be getting a reply soon as well. 

Hi @Purplebint, welcome to the Community, there is a known problem with battery draining too fast with this specific phone model (Galaxy Note 8), this is the information the Support team provided you via twitter. I've sent your information to the Customer Support team for further assistance with this, but was informed that you already have a case created or that you already got in touch with them. You should be getting a reply soon. 

Thank you for sharing this information @Eclaire, it's good to know they're sending you a replacement. I'm sure the logistical problem they mentioned will be resolved soon as well. 

Let me know if you have further questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi

I have same problem. Purchased in 2017 and until last week worked well but now only holds charge for a few hours. I have tried suggests on forum without improvement.

Will consider alternatives if forced to purchase a new device.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This looks like a known error ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Its definitely not just a few isolated incidents. 

Ive been told there is a known issue with the Note 8 and battery. But I've turned off Bluetooth on my phone to prevent sync and my fitbit still dies within 3-4 hours from full charge. I've sent them a video of my fitbit essentially powercycling through the display menu without any input but still no response other than phone issues. 

I have a case reference given to me on twitter, but have had no email from support and when I chased it up on twitter I was told it would be two days or longer.

I've had a fitbit of one kind or another for several years now, and have never been disappointed in their customer service before. This has felt like banging my head against a brick wall. 

Best Answer