Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Negating Data

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

I was hoping somebody could help me please.

I have just brought the Blaze and currently have the Flex.

I wanted the HR functionality as I work out often and would like to monitor my HR, I chose the FitBit over others as it has a continuous HR monitor.

I push a stroller and find that the only way to accurately count steps whilst pushing a stroller is to put he Flex in my pocket.

I would like to still use the Flex when pushing the stroller in my pocket, but also have the Blaze on for HR monitoring.

Is it possible:

- to negate the steps from a device - if I logged an activity as "Driving" can I do this on a device level instead of merged data level?

- if I have two seperate accounts for a device, I could negate the steps from the Blaze when pushing a stroller as logging the activity as driving, can I then merge the data to see steps from both accounts?

Thank you for your help 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

That's a tricky situation. I don't think the logging driving will work as that applies to the whole account so you'll lose all your steps. I also don't think you'll be able to merge the data from 2 accounts.

You could try wearing both. I know it's not recommended but the help files seem to suggest that it may work to some degree:

"Wearing a combination of trackers simultaneously does not provide any more features than wearing trackers individually. If you're interested in wearing more than one tracker at once so you can compare their data, you can do so by creating a separate account for each tracker.

If your account has multiple trackers and you forget to take one off before putting on another, rest assured we’ll reconcile the overlapping data to present the most accurate information possible on your dashboard. For example, if one of your trackers is using GPS and another is not, your dashboard chooses the GPS data when calculating total distance since GPS provides a more accurate distance measurement than step counting alone. However, the more overlapping data that exists on your account, the more likely it is that your dashboard's accuracy will suffer. For best results, do not wear more than one tracker at a time and sync each tracker before taking it off and putting on another."

taken from: http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/Can-I-use-more-than-one-Fitbit-tracker-with-the-s...

Best Answer

Really the only way to answer your question would be to try it.

Fitbit warns that the results will be unpredictable.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @izam welcome to the Fitbit Community!  Are you planning on wearing both trackers at the same time? Please take note that wearing a combination of trackers simultaneously does not provide any more features than wearing trackers individually. If you're interested in wearing more than one tracker at once so you can compare their data, you can do so by creating a separate account for each tracker. f your account has multiple trackers and you forget to take one off before putting on another, rest assured we’ll reconcile the overlapping data to present the most accurate information possible on your dashboard. For example, if one of your trackers is using heart rate and another is not, your dashboard chooses the heart rate data when calculating total information, since heart rate provides a more accurate measurement than step counting alone. However, the more overlapping data that exists on your account, the more likely it is that your dashboard's accuracy will suffer. For best results, do not wear more than one tracker at a time and sync each tracker before taking it off and putting on another. 

@Rich_Laue and @SteveH thanks for your cooperation! 

Happy stepping! 😉 

Retired ModeratorAngela | Community Moderator

It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of silver and gold! Share your story!

Best Answer
0 Votes