Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android Notifications on my Note

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My first post on here is unfortunately one that is negative. I purchased my Blaze yesterday and was pretty happy with my purchase. Up until i realized that call notifications and Android do not work. I called customer service and they told me that they were aware of the issue and a patch was in the works for our phones......

I know i have the option to return this device, and i also realize that this is not a smartwatch, however if i would have known that the notifications feature was an iOS feature only, i might have actually waited for the Garmin Vivosmart HR

Come on Fitbit!

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

I have an Android phone and get call notifications, I just cannot answer them or deny them from the Blaze, it just shows who is calling.  I believe IPhones can answer or deny a call. Someone feel free to correct me if I am wrong, but I know I get notifications for calls from my Galaxy S6.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here. I have a Galaxy S7 and receive all call, text, and calendar notifications, and confirm that the only iOS-only feature of those is being able to answer the call. It sounds like perhaps the CS person was not clear about what you (original poster) were asking. ??

@Jason212 wrote:

I have an Android phone and get call notifications, I just cannot answer them or deny them from the Blaze, it just shows who is calling.  I believe IPhones can answer or deny a call. Someone feel free to correct me if I am wrong, but I know I get notifications for calls from my Galaxy S6.

Best Answer
0 Votes

To clarify, i do recieve calls and texts but im not able to answer the call. It shows the caller and small green looking flashing button that you cant do anything with...

Also, when you get texts, does the screen remain black until you look at the watch or is it supposed to illuminate on the Blaze showing you who is texting???

Best Answer
0 Votes

Answering calls is currently an IPhone only feature, and yes currently the screen remains off until you move your arm to activate the quick view or press to bring it up, I think it is this way to save battery life.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Gotcha, i think i read it here that it is indeed to save on battery life. Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @djphoenix18 welcome to the Fitbit Community! It's great to have you here 🙂 As mentioned by @Jason212 the ability to answers calls is currently only available for iOS devices. You can read more about notifications on your Blaze here@nlmux thanks for your cooperation! 

I'll be around if you have any questions! 🙂 

Retired ModeratorAngela | Community Moderator

It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of silver and gold! Share your story!

Best Answer
0 Votes