Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze Notifications Information Post

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Blaze can provide Call, Text, and Calendar notifications so that you can stay connected! 

Screenshot 2016-02-19 11.43.16.png

This post will provide instructions on how to setup your alerts so that you can see who's texting you, the content of the messages, who's calling, and what your calendar has on deck for you. For a detailed overview of alerts for Blaze, please see this help page

Setup Steps: 

1. Make sure that your mobile device is compatible with our notifications feature by visiting http://www.fitbit.com/devices
  2. On your mobile device, make sure Bluetooth is enabled, and make sure your device is nearby! Note that you'll only receive notifications on your tracker when your mobile device is within this radius. 
  3. Open the Fitbit app on your mobile device and tap your tracker tile at the top of your mobile dashboard.
  4. Tap your tracker tile a second time, tap Notifications, and then turn on call notifications.
  5. To verify that set up was successful, look at the list of Bluetooth-connected devices on your mobile device. Your tracker name should appear.

Using Alerts:

You can easily see all of your alerts by swiping up from the home screen. Here, you'll see previous incoming calls, text messages for the day, and calendar alerts as well. You may delete these alerts either individually or all at once.

Notes

• For Android users, please ensure that you've turned notification access on in your settings and enabled each notification in the Fitbit App. Please also ensure that message preview is toggled on in your phone's settings, as this should help populate the message content.
  • iOS users should allow reception of text notifications in their Notification Center settings, in addition to the workflow for alerts in the Fitbit app for iOS.
  • Calendar notifications use the native calendar app in iOS, and the native or select 3rd party apps on Android.
  • Windows Phones don't support alerts at this time.
  • Fitbit trackers currently don't support emojis. Notifications containing emojis will show a blank square, instead of the emoji that was sent.
  • Text messages won't show up if the message app is open on your phone.
  • When using Message+, your Fitbit tracker will show a notification that looks something like this: (Contact Name – 1 New Message). This is because when messages are received in Message+, they're stored that way in the notifications center on Android.
  • If you receive more than one text message in succession from the same person, your tracker may group the messages together as "2 New Messages" or "3 New Messages" instead of showing a preview of the message text.

Community Moderator - English/EspañolEmerson | Community Moderator - English/Español

I run all over SF. What's your story?

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

It doesn't look like that particular device is compatibile with our app, or at least optimized for it.

The complete list of compatible devices can be found here.

Community Moderator - English/EspañolEmerson | Community Moderator - English/Español

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
584 REPLIES 584
How can I resd my text messages on my Blaze. If I more than 1 messages I am unable to read them.
I also am not able to answer the phone from my watch.
Best Answer

From reading the product descriptions,this device only receives notifications, you can't answer your phone from it. It only allows you to see notifications of  who is texting or calling. It does hold onto a full day's worth of text notifications, but I'm not sure how to access those the most current.

Best Answer

All my notifications work. Touch the green or red to accept or reject current incoming call. I don't think you could reply from the Blaze. From the clock face, swipe from bottom to up motion to read your notifications. When you swipe up to down, that's for music control.

Best Answer

@Eagle1 wrote:

From reading the product descriptions,this device only receives notifications, you can't answer your phone from it. It only allows you to see notifications of  who is texting or calling. It does hold onto a full day's worth of text notifications, but I'm not sure how to access those the most current.

You can answer a call from the Blaze, which is supposed to trigger your phone to answer.  Here is the blaze manual section that describes it:  Looks like it is iOS only right now though, maybe they will add android later, but that might be a tougher interface since the number of android phones is countless.

2016-02-25_8-18-27.png

Best Answer
My watch will tell who is calling but I don’t have the green and red phone symbols, giving me the option to answer or reject the call. Any suggestions?
Best Answer

@Irent - I believe that feature is only available on IOS phones.

Kelly | Oklahoma
Alta HR, Blaze, Flex 2, Charge 2, Charge, and Aria * IPhone 7+

Best Answer

@Irent wrote:
My watch will tell who is calling but I don’t have the green and red phone symbols, giving me the option to answer or reject the call. Any suggestions?

Yes, it does say iOS only, I put that in my post but it is easy to overlook, as I even overlooked it until I pasted that picture....which bummed me out too.

Best Answer

My txt messages are not showing SMS or any text message. Please help. Calling notification works and calendar. 

Thanks

Best Answer

Fitbit team - please make the answer calls functionality work with Android devices as well..   Apple's terrible Customer service drove me away and one of the advantages of a Fitbit over a Apple watch is the integration across device types.  Please tell us it's coming @EmersonFitbit

Best Answer

That's an excellent question @SunsetRunner. I haven't heard whether this option will be introduced in Android phones, but I'll ask around. I've also edited my lead post to be a bit more clear when it comes to compatibility with different operating systems.  

Thanks!

Best Answer
Hello! Does anyone know if there is a way to set your text notifications to only display the name of the person who is texting you verses the entire message content?
Best Answer

Hello all,

I have experienced an interesting bug with my Blaze and its call notifications.  NOTE: I am using a Nexus 6P, which I know is not currently compatible.  I still think this is worth mentioning in case anyone else experiences it.

When I make an outgoing call, the Blaze buzzes and tells me that person is trying to call me when they aren't.  Example:  I make an outgoing call to Steve.  While the phone is dialing/ringing, the Blaze is going off telling me I have an incoming call from Steve.

So, for now, I've turned off call notifications.  Again, this may be because I'm using an unsupported phone (running Android 6.0.1), but there you have it.  Any suggested fixes?

Best Answer
Mine either!! When I get a message it just says new message.
Best Answer

You need to enable message previews on your phone in order to see the message content on the Blaze.

Best Answer

Any idea how to do that?  I have never seen anything to enable except "notifications" in general.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is something you have to do in your phone's messanger app settings most likely.

Best Answer

@EmersonFitbit I was receiving text notifications this morning but now they've stopped coming to my watch.  I'm confused with the paired devices under my Bluetooth list.  I see Blaze Classic and Blaze...or at least at one point I saw just Blaze.  It's gone now and a scan isn't bringing it back.  Should I be seeing both of these?  The manual makes it sound like you use Blaze Classic for music only and that you connect to just "Blaze" for notifications.   At one point when I did see "Blaze" and tried to connect it gives me the message Pairing rejected by Blaze. I checked within my fitbit app and Enable Text notifications is on. Can you help?

Best Answer
I am having the same problem.
Best Answer

Am I correct, no email notifications?

Best Answer