Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Blaze Fitbit

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi My

Brand new Blaze, does not appear to operate, I have set it up via PC, Bluetooth enabled and paired, unit left charging for two plus hours. It only shows the Fitbit logo and set up address, does nothing else? Is there a problem?

Dave T

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

I received a new blaze today and it is doing the same thing. I wouldn't mind but son bought me a charge HR for Xmas, had to get it replaced in June as strap falling to bits and replacement did the same thing so upgraded to blaze 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also have a new blaze where the setup would not complete because of an update needing to be done.

I had to leave the blaze on the charger for 12 hours for the battery to fully charge, after that the update and setup completed correctly.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@davethomas by pc are you referring to a win 10 computer? 

You and @MandyMac1 need to install the Fitbit app by going to the address on the tracker through the device that you want to use. This page will direct you to the correct app to then log into your account and do the setup process which will connect the tracker to your Fitbit account.

@Gilgamesh where are plugging the charger into, it a only take 30 - 60 minutes to get enough juice to finish the setup. I usually plug it in then start the update without waiting. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rich_Laue

It wasn't just the setup, it was that an update was needed for the setup to finish. If the update was not necessary then I suspect there would not have been a problem.

I had it plugged into a PC USB port for 4 hours (still not able to update) then switched it to my iphone charger for the remaining 8. I then got a message on my phone that the battery was full and the update was then successful.

I think the long charge time was because it was a brand new fitbit that hadn't been previously charged.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the fitbit app installed as it isn't the 1st one I've had. It was trying to install the update but there was not enough power in the battery even after it had been plugged in for 2 1/2 hours. I telephoned support last night and they are sending me another pebble out. Hopefully it won't be the charging cable that is faulty or I have to telephone them again and request a new cable!

Best Answer
0 Votes