Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New blaze

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Recently purchased a Blaze. Worked on the sleep function for 3 days. Reading the posts it looks like the heart rate monitor has stopped after a surge a couple of days ago - no green flashing lights under the wrist band for those days. If I read it right the HRM needs to work for the sleep to be measured fully. Looks like I have a faulty product and will look to replace but very disappointed customer as this was a present that I had looked forward to and now going to have a lot of hassle. Finally it doesn't seem to sync properly and without a lot of fiddling around.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Ravensmum Welcome, yes the sleep needs the HR because it measures HRV (Heart Rate Variability) to determine our sleep stages.

I presume you have checked your settings in the watch. I would change the HR to On initially to ensure the green lights come on. If that works change it to Auto.

@Ravensmum wrote:

Recently purchased a Blaze. Worked on the sleep function for 3 days. Reading the posts it looks like the heart rate monitor has stopped after a surge a couple of days ago - no green flashing lights under the wrist band for those days. If I read it right the HRM needs to work for the sleep to be measured fully. Looks like I have a faulty product and will look to replace but very disappointed customer as this was a present that I had looked forward to and now going to have a lot of hassle. Finally it doesn't seem to sync properly and without a lot of fiddling around.  

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

@Ravensmum Welcome, yes the sleep needs the HR because it measures HRV (Heart Rate Variability) to determine our sleep stages.

I presume you have checked your settings in the watch. I would change the HR to On initially to ensure the green lights come on. If that works change it to Auto.

@Ravensmum wrote:

Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
Thank you for the help on the HRM settings. Didn't realise it had switched
off. Will see how that goes with registering the next sleep. Reassuring to
see the lights again!
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Ravensmum Thanks for getting back to the forum.  I'm happy with the results and at my age it shows up my bathroom visits. Even I'm happy with the REM periods because when you have those really vivid dreams that appear real, you awake, and when I sync and check the sleep it is accurate.

Keep in mind that you will only get stages after 3 hours of sleep.

I have found that if I sync a few times around my bathroom breaks it keeps appending.

@Ravensmum wrote:
Thank you for the help on the HRM settings. Didn't realise it had switched
off. Will see how that goes with registering the next sleep. Reassuring to
see the lights again!

Best Answer
0 Votes