Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New blaze

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi only had my blaze a couple of weeks and have had a few weird things happening, not sure if these are known problems or not.

first is I synced my blaze 5:30 am and it did not show any sleep record. Synced again At 8:30 and sleep appeared. 

Second after first sync when I have been out walking, it does not update number of days exercise I have completed, if I sync a second time it updates.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

With the Blaze,  sleep is calculated in the cloud after the first sync after waking up.  If the first sync is to soon after waking up,  the tracker may not have sent enough data for fitbit to realize that the user had woken up.  A second sync will then be needed.  I suggest waiting 5 or 10 minutes after waking before forcing the Forrest sync. 

Another reason could be that the server was a little overloaded and sleep was not calculated soon enough for the first sync to get the sleep data. A second sync or refresh of the app will be needed.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

I would say that's pretty normal. Takes several minutes to get my sleep and resting heart rate once I sync the first time for the day. Sometimes I just leave it alone for a bit. Try again and it's all there. Same with exercise. It's not always instant. The app is probably communicating with the Fitbit servers?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ah I see ok, thanks for your help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Nick100 make sure your blaze is paired to Bluetooth.

it sounds like the first sync is just not syncing fully.  If it doesn’t update immediately, I suggest syncing manually.

also, sometimes just restarting your phone helps jumpstart the Bluetooth connectivity.

hope this helps.

Best Answer

Kawaiiko it was paired, working fine this morning, will try rebooting phone if it happens again. Thanks for your help,

Best Answer
0 Votes

With the Blaze,  sleep is calculated in the cloud after the first sync after waking up.  If the first sync is to soon after waking up,  the tracker may not have sent enough data for fitbit to realize that the user had woken up.  A second sync will then be needed.  I suggest waiting 5 or 10 minutes after waking before forcing the Forrest sync. 

Another reason could be that the server was a little overloaded and sleep was not calculated soon enough for the first sync to get the sleep data. A second sync or refresh of the app will be needed.

Best Answer
0 Votes