Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Next day delivery not received on time?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I received an email that my Blaze was shipped on Monday, and was shipped via the next day delivery method that I requested.

When checking the tracking information, initially it showed an expected delivery date of Tuesday (yesterday) which would have been correct with the requested shipping method.

The package did not arrive, and Fedex tracking simply shows "label created" with no actual pick-up or movement of the package.

Has anyone else seen this?

Best Answer
0 Votes
36 REPLIES 36

My issue is exactly the same as resonantentropy's issue.  If the item had shipped on Monday, which is the next business day, there would be no issue.  Also, if Fitbit had not actually informed me that the item had shipped, this would not be an issue.  Unfortunately, both of those things did happen and I was charged accordingly but no one can tell me where the package is.  Mine also shows Fedex home delivery and that the label has been created but the package has not yet been received by Fedex.  Fitbit is telling me that Fedex has all of the packages and that I just have to wait and see when the tracking information is updated accordingly.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner wrote:

@adammiarka wrote:

When you pay for overnight shipping, FedEx is guaranteeing that it will be delivered next day after they have received the package.   The issue is that the labels were created on a Saturday for most people.   The actual package would not have been given to FedEx until at least Monday, then delievered by Tuesday.   

So to truly get next day shipping, the item would have to be in stock from FitBit.   They would need to package the item, create the label, and hand it off to FedEx within the same day.  

I understand how that works... I have packages delivered to me daily.  The problem is that the package wasn't delivered Tuesday, and at the moment, Fedex still hasn't received the package for delivery yet, so it won't be delivered today either.  The tracking still shows "label created" with no actual transfer of package from Fitbit's fulfillment house to Fedex.

On top of that, the package transport type is Fedex HOME, which does not guarantee any delivery timeframe, and is often 2-3 days.  They are not sending the items Fedex Next Day.

That is a problem if Fitbit hasn't handed the package to FedEx yet, and it's the wrong shipping type.  I would definietly be calling Fitbit customer support to ask for my money back on shipping, especially if you've received a shipping notification directly from Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I see that my FedEx tracking says Home Delivery also.  Customer service through Fitbit has been a struggle.  At least I should be able to get my overnight delivery credited tomorrow, but from all of the posts I have seen regarding past shipping issues....well, you'd think they would learn something.  I am extremely curious how my customer service rep was able to identify my delivery date as Friday when all of my tracking information is still label created.  I can almost guarantee that the shipping info will updated tomorrow when FedEx actually picks up my package!  By the way, my rep did try to tell me that overnight shipping can take 2-4 days!  Huh?  How does that make sense?  I understand it may take a day or two to actually ship, but once the label is created the package should go out next business day and then delivered the next.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

adammiarka wrote:

That is a problem if Fitbit hasn't handed the package to FedEx yet, and it's the wrong shipping type.  I would definietly be calling Fitbit customer support to ask for my money back on shipping, especially if you've received a shipping notification directly from Fitbit.

That is the problem.  They are completely unwilling to refund the shipping.  I spoke to three tiers of people at Fitbit customer service, and they claim "next day shipping" can take "one to two days" to arrive and are unwilling to refund the shpping unless it's more than two days after the package was shipped.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@embeefit wrote:

I see that my FedEx tracking says Home Delivery also.  Customer service through Fitbit has been a struggle.  At least I should be able to get my overnight delivery credited tomorrow, but from all of the posts I have seen regarding past shipping issues....well, you'd think they would learn something.  I am extremely curious how my customer service rep was able to identify my delivery date as Friday when all of my tracking information is still label created.  I can almost guarantee that the shipping info will updated tomorrow when FedEx actually picks up my package!  By the way, my rep did try to tell me that overnight shipping can take 2-4 days!  Huh?  How does that make sense?  I understand it may take a day or two to actually ship, but once the label is created the package should go out next business day and then delivered the next.  

Well, to be 100% honest, I've had this identical problem with Fitbit in the past.   What they're doing is claiming they have next day shipping available, sending it by ground (Fedex Home Delivery) and pocketing the shipping difference.  What they are doing is unquestionably illegal.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yep not liking FedEx as they have my office address listed as a residence.  Even after many calls they refuse to change their data base so they ship via Home Delivery to my office which gets here way after the 5 pm closing time.  FitBit did ship via overnight and it arrived the next day.  Less than overnight and it goes Home Delivery Cat Mad

I never use FedEx and prefer UPS as their tracking is much better.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just spoke to customer service again and they are processing a refund for my shipping charges.

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner wrote:

@adammiarka wrote:

That is the problem.  They are completely unwilling to refund the shipping.  I spoke to three tiers of people at Fitbit customer service, and they claim "next day shipping" can take "one to two days" to arrive and are unwilling to refund the shpping unless it's more than two days after the package was shipped.

Seeing as they are not using FedEx Priority, you have a case for refunding the shipping cost.   Looks like embeefit was able to get his/hers refunded.  Hope you are able to do the same.   

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been refunded my shipping fee (as of this morning) BUT my package has not moved.  I called FedEx and they said a label being created means just that and that they (FedEx) do not have the package yet.  Which means that Fitbit lied, I guess.  Or FedEx is lying.  Good stuff.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit is in the process of fulfilling distributor orders at the same time they are fulfilling pre-orders, and the company has a very poor record on shipping at launch of new product, and frankly, items will sometimes sit and stagnate at the "label created" stage, credit card already charged, with no actual in-transit shipping happening for another several days.  This is usually because they literally run out of stock, diverting units to distributors at the frustration of individual pre-order fulfillment.  Fitbit's fulfillment center is in Indy, so is a FedEx transit air hub, the hand-off Fitbit to FedEx should be pretty seamless and easy, unfortunatly, history proves the company hasn't prioritized their customers in new-launch pre-order fulfillment.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner wrote:

Well, to be 100% honest, I've had this identical problem with Fitbit in the past.   What they're doing is claiming they have next day shipping available, sending it by ground (Fedex Home Delivery) and pocketing the shipping difference.  What they are doing is unquestionably illegal.

They are not pocketing the difference (one-day vs ground), they are simply not operationally organized to prioritize customer pre-orders first and they literally run out of units to ship due to last minute shipment diversions to their retail channels, imho.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ultrablazer wrote:

@SunsetRunner wrote:

They are not pocketing the difference (one-day vs ground), they are simply not operationally organized to prioritize customer pre-orders first and they literally run out of units to ship due to last minute shipment diversions to their retail channels, imho.

I completely disagree.  If you have a bunch of customers request their package be sent next day, and you send it ground instead, you're making a lot of money off of a lot of people.  If they won't want to offer proper next day shipping, they shouldn't offer it.  But to offer it and not fullfill the service is, without doubt, bait and switch.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Schrebbie wrote:

I have been refunded my shipping fee (as of this morning) BUT my package has not moved.  I called FedEx and they said a label being created means just that and that they (FedEx) do not have the package yet.  Which means that Fitbit lied, I guess.  Or FedEx is lying.  Good stuff.

Lying, I suspect. Simply to get you off the phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner wrote:

I completely disagree.  If you have a bunch of customers request their package be sent next day, and you send it ground instead, you're making a lot of money off of a lot of people.  If they won't want to offer proper next day shipping, they shouldn't offer it.  But to offer it and not fullfill the service is, without doubt, bait and switch.

Yes, I agree bad practice and bait  and switch if true. However, I'm pretty certain (imho, so we disagree here on 'intent') it's not to reap the monetary difference in shipping costs, which indeed would be egregious behavior. I've experienced Fitbit actually ship overnight via FedEx overnight services, and in my experience I've seen every shipping discrepency more as disorganization of fulfillment and premature email notification of "shipping" than anything else.  That said, if there is a pattern of ground-shipment being used in lieu of paid overnight, I stand corrected to your point, (I just dont' believe there is a conscious revenue generating duplitious practice in place; same for people who claim Fitbit is making interest income by charging cards days prior to actual shipment, and fwiw, I've been in the business a bit to know firsthand)

(I *have* experienced this issue with another entirely unrelated company who promised overnight shipment on the premise that "most" ground shipment handled by the delivery carrier (I think this was UPS) could be expected to arrive in a day per UPS's own guidance and the company was not actually paying for overnight shipment, but in this case, neither was I. The company promised "free overnight shipping" if an order exceeded a particular $$ amount but did not in fact pay for the guarantee of that overnight shipment. Still peeved me off given the false advertising.)

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ultrablazer wrote:

Yes, I agree bad practice and bait  and switch if true. However, I'm pretty certain (imho, so we disagree here on 'intent') it's not to reap the monetary difference in shipping costs, which indeed would be egregious behavior. I've experienced Fitbit actually ship overnight via FedEx overnight services, and in my experience I've seen every shipping discrepency more as disorganization of fulfillment and premature email notification of "shipping" than anything else.  That said, if there is a pattern of ground-shipment being used in lieu of paid overnight, I stand corrected to your point, (I just dont' believe there is a conscious revenue generating duplitious practice in place; same for people who claim Fitbit is making interest income by charging cards days prior to actual shipment, and fwiw, I've been in the business a bit to know firsthand)

(I *have* experienced this issue with another entirely unrelated company who promised overnight shipment on the premise that "most" ground shipment handled by the delivery carrier (I think this was UPS) could be expected to arrive in a day per UPS's own guidance and the company was not actually paying for overnight shipment, but in this case, neither was I. The company promised "free overnight shipping" if an order exceeded a particular $$ amount but did not in fact pay for the guarantee of that overnight shipment. Still peeved me off given the false advertising.)

I have had FitBits back to the very original model, and never once have I seen them ship a package correctly.  I can't remember a time when they ever shipped using the requested / paid for method.  I'm only making my claim from the numerous experiences I've had with this company.  It's sad...  I love their products, but their fullfillment and associated customer service are severely lacking in my opinion.

Best Answer

I must be one of the lucky ones, label created Saturday FedEx overnight.  Picked up Monday evening and delivered to my work on Tuesday.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, I'm experiencing the same right now. Did fitbit reimburse you the shipping costs?

Best Answer
0 Votes