Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not counting steps, floors and battery draining

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

According to my steps, I haven't moved in hours. It froze at 2126 this afternoon. I've tried the troubleshooting suggestions. It's not counting my stairs (but that has always been a problem). I've still got my heartbeat but the number of calories available for the day keeps decreasing when nothing new has been input.

What is going on? Full battery recharge today after it drained in less than 24 hours. I'm pretty frustrated. This was supposed to make things easier. I keep looking for solutions and rather than finding any, more problems keep popping up. I only bought this in July. It's less than a month old. If it worked as it should, I would love it. 

I do not at present. 

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

Update: my steps are now, as I sit typing, reducing... I am losing steps from the ones it tracked much earlier in the day.
Oye vey. This is nuts. 

Best Answer

It's great to see you around @Matchlessorinda and thanks for troubleshooting this by yourself.

I would like to know if you keep having inconveniences with your Blaze? If you do, I recommend restarting your tracker, walk 100 steps and let me know how many did it register. Also, find a location with 2 flights of stairs in a row and walk them up without stopping. About the battery, take a look at this post and follow the instructions provided there.

Let me know the outcome. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

After endless, fruitless emails with customer support and a replacement tracker (refurbished wasn't mentioned at all, but was noted as such on arrival) and the tracker still not working as it should (borrowed a pedometer from the library for a really basic comparison-- Blaze was way off, as I knew. Some days showing 7000 steps and 3km when I'd done a 10 km run...)

Customer support couldn't keep track of the tests I had done on the tracker (per their requests) nor what country I lived in. Yet they could access more info from the tracker than I could and said it looked "appropriate." Okay. I said I ran 10km and the tracker has my entire movement for the day barely over 3km. Stairs climbed are not being registered even though they are higher than what is supposed to register... The Blaze, rather than helping support my activity and health data collection needs has been a waste of many hours.

Back it goes and back to the drawing board I go, to find an activity smart watch that works and suits my needs.

Such a disappointment.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Matchlessorinda, you start talking sbout steps, then switch to distsnce.

Lets look at steps since this is what the gotbit counts. Distance is calculated off of the steos as nd stride setting, at best it is an educated guess until thd stride is set up..

Have you gone for a walk while counting thr physical steps tskwn then comoared your count to Fitbits count?

When it comes to stsirs, you want to make sure Fitbit is also is counting steps as you walk up them.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes. I have counted steps and measured my walking stride and my running stride. Suffice to say that at 5'3", it takes more than the 302 registered steps to run 10km. It measures steps... sometimes. I've had confirmation that the retailer will accept it as a return. I have measured stair height, done every test asked by customer service (the Blaze has not met the mark on any) and I get asked to repeat the tests... and asked where I live.
(I've also borrowed a pedometer from my library; the steps it records are much more in line with reality (the 302 steps for 10k is just ridiculous; I have set both stride lengths.)
It promises much but does not deliver. Steps going unregistered are only one of many problems with the Blaze.
After a month and a half of frustration, it's going back. Amazon has accepted it for return. Now I look elsewhere.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This past week my step count has become more and more inaccurate. Today I reset the device again and counted 100 steps. My Nlaze counted 59. I notice many users are recently experiencing the same problem. I am hoping you are working on a fix because this situation is unacceptable. Could your most recent update have somehow caused the problem?

Best Answer
0 Votes