Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not counting steps

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've had a blaze for 3 days and it seems to be 2.5k less steps than my phone. It is syncing ok. Does it only sync when you move your arm? I walked the whole of ikea and it told me 2k of steps!!! That's not right.. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

It only reads steps when you move your arm. If you are carrying something or holding on to a cart it will not count steps accurately

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

So what's the point of paying for a fitbit if my Samsung phone does similar?? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had my blaze  since christmas.  My wife has the less expensive one and she is kicking my butt on daily steps.  At first I thought hers was doubling her steps.  Just tested and its mine that is not counting my steps.  I have not found a satisfactory answer yet.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Tcarey1979 having a tracker mounted on your arm means that it will only be able to monitor arm motions. Fitbit also has a tracker called a One which is mounted on the core of the body, but here to I find if I'm walking across a plush carpet steps are not counted. 

So why an arm based unit Convenience, not having to remember to switch clothing, extra bells and whistles as HR and norification. 

Now compared to my One, it is just as accurate slurring my walks/runs, it is slurring the known activities part of the day I find neither 100% correct.. They however stayed close on the 7 day leaderboard and over the month. Usually within 2000 over the 30 days, and as close as 70 strps. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm glad it's not just me. Someone I know has the less expensive one and there's is better too. 

Best Answer
0 Votes