Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not happy with my Blaze

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I did quite a lot of research into which tracker to get.  I had a Flex already and as all the apps and accounts were set up I decided to treat myself to the Blaze.  Pairing it with my Windows phone has been a nightmare.  I've had to upgrade from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 - this involved moving all my photos to OneDrive and wiping half a dozen apps from my phone to make space.  The upgrade took nearly 90 minutes then I had to update the Fitbit App as well.  I can happily say that my Blaze will now sync with my phone HOWEVER I don't get notifications on the watch, something that attracted me to it in the first place.  I am not in a position to upgrade my phone without going to great expense and I actually feel terribly inclined to do so anyway.  So I am generally quite disappointed with the Blaze.  I think Fitbit should have ensured that they were compatible with all phone operating systems rather than pandering to Apple.

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5
Regrettably @HockeyGirl Windows phones won't receive notifications until Microsoft changes their Bluetooth functions. It's not a fitbit issue and their compatibility checker does highlight the inability to receive notifications on the Blaze
Best Answer

It is not possible to ensure that ALL phones are compatible.  NOTHING is compatible with all phones in this world, so I hate to say this, but you probably should have checked Fitbit's compatability list prior to purchase.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
No but at the same time Windows is a pretty big OS to be incompatible
with. And yes, hindsight is a wonderful thing!
Best Answer

I think you coming from an older fitbit probalbly hurt a little as well, as the Charge/ChargeHR was not compatible for notifications with the Windows Phones.

I am not sure the numbers in terms of percentages, but I can say I can't recall a single person that I know of with a Windows Operating system phhone, or seen one out in public.  I know that is not scientific by any means, but I am guess that Fitbit focused on the 2 lagest chunks of phone systems.  Considering that android has countless releases it is probably all they can do to keep up.  I wanted a new phone but did not want to get the new HTC A9 or Galaxy S7 because they are not compatible right now either.  They probably will be eventually, but keeping up with phone releases is probably a daunting task.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I do agree that Windows is pretty big to be incompatible with the many types of devices out there that use the GATT service. It looks like Windows has started to work on their incompatibility problem. See this post.https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Blaze/Microsoft-now-working-on-GATT-server-availability/m-p/1327243

This is not the first time Windows has shot themself trying to do it their way, instead of following set standards. There are still wwb sites that just don't work with the Microsoft browser.
Best Answer
0 Votes