Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification and messages stopped working on Blaze

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
My notifications & text were working great, yesterday they stopped. I verified everything was set correctly, NOTIFICATION SET TO YES, BLAZE CLASSIC SET TO YES, on my Smart Phone Galaxy S5 under Bluetooth, BLAZE CLASSIC CONNECTED AS INPUT DEVICE. My Fitbit still syncs with the app on steps, so I know the Bluetooth is working. Has anyone else had issues?
Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

"Classic" bluetooth only relates to controlling music. If you have notifications enabled you should see the Blaze paired in your bluetooth settings without any mention of classic. If you are not seeing that you have somehow unpaired it and I would go through the process again, possibly uninstalling the app, rebooting the phone and then reinstalling the app.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
11 REPLIES 11

"Classic" bluetooth only relates to controlling music. If you have notifications enabled you should see the Blaze paired in your bluetooth settings without any mention of classic. If you are not seeing that you have somehow unpaired it and I would go through the process again, possibly uninstalling the app, rebooting the phone and then reinstalling the app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

this also happened to me, there is another thread here (you can check my posts) that was a tremendous help along with customer service who sent other details/specifics.  I have the Galaxy S-6.

I removed the app from my phone and re-installed it first.

i am sorry that i cant be more direct, i am running out the door...but there is a good thread here i hope that you can find it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you that worked.  I don't know how Classic got turned on.

Carol - sent from my tablet

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine stopped yesterday. All settings are correct on my iPhone. Would love help.
Best Answer

I ffound that and event is happening and corrupting the memory of the Blaze when you charge it. This is messing with the configuration and stopping it from being able to receive Bluetooth messages. . It is a simple fix. Go in your phone and into the Fitbit app and go to the device and change the clock face. This will make your Fitbit Blaze redownload the entire configuration. 

Best Answer

Mine starts and stops as well. My notifications is on but I'm not getting them and when I scroll on my fitbit face, it says all up to date - no notifications and meanwhile I have quite a few on my phone. If I uninstall the app from my iPhone, all data is retained, yes? so reinstalling will get all back data back?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Aek  Yes, if you delete the APP and reinstall, all your information will show again.  (It is actually saved on FitBit servers)

Kelly | Oklahoma
Alta HR, Blaze, Flex 2, Charge 2, Charge, and Aria * IPhone 7+

Best Answer
This worked for me! Thank you for posting.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Speaking specifically on changing the clock face.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Updating the clock face fixed it for me too.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Didn't work 🙁

Best Answer
0 Votes