Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notifications and Bluetooth

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi I just received a blaze from my husband. I've set it up and read the directions for my blaze. My question is, in order to receive notifications, does Bluetooth need to remain on once the device is paired? I've already confirmed my notification setting of my phone and the blaze and I'm still not getting my text notifications. I've tried with Bluetooth on and with it off and still nothing. Can someone assist? Thanks! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there @Akdub27. Awesome to have you in the Forums! 😄

In order for you to be able to get  notifications from your phone on your Fitbit Blaze, first of all, you need to make sure that your phone is a compatible device. You may check the list of compatible devices here.

Once you've confirmed that your phone is compatible to receive notifications, you could try to go to your phone's settings, go to the Bluetooth section. Here, look for the connected devices. Your Blaze should appear there. Tap on it, then hit the "Forget this device" option and after doing this, open up the Fitbit app. Tap on the icon of your tracker at the top of the dashboard to open the tracker's settings page. Then look for the Notifications option and enable them. Once you enable them, your phone will say it needs to pair with your Blaze, just agree to it and it should connect without any problem. From there, you should be able to receive notifications on your Blaze.

If that doesn't work, you can also restart your tracker. You can easily do this by pressing the left and lower right buttons for 10-12 seconds. This will make your tracker to reboot.

Try this out and let me know how it goes! 🙂

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

Hi there @Akdub27. Awesome to have you in the Forums! 😄

In order for you to be able to get  notifications from your phone on your Fitbit Blaze, first of all, you need to make sure that your phone is a compatible device. You may check the list of compatible devices here.

Once you've confirmed that your phone is compatible to receive notifications, you could try to go to your phone's settings, go to the Bluetooth section. Here, look for the connected devices. Your Blaze should appear there. Tap on it, then hit the "Forget this device" option and after doing this, open up the Fitbit app. Tap on the icon of your tracker at the top of the dashboard to open the tracker's settings page. Then look for the Notifications option and enable them. Once you enable them, your phone will say it needs to pair with your Blaze, just agree to it and it should connect without any problem. From there, you should be able to receive notifications on your Blaze.

If that doesn't work, you can also restart your tracker. You can easily do this by pressing the left and lower right buttons for 10-12 seconds. This will make your tracker to reboot.

Try this out and let me know how it goes! 🙂

Best Answer

I've done and got it to work thanks. Don't like keeping Bluetooth on to get the notifications so I'll be turning it off. Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back @Akdub27! 🙂

Yes, you need to have your bluetooth on in order to get notifications but if it's okay for you to have it off and not receive them, then, that's good too!

Anything else you may need help with, I'm always around! 🙂 Have a great day!

Best Answer

My galaxy s6 doesn't showes my blaze but it won't let remove it (or my old Fitbit) any suggestions It says it's paired....

Best Answer
0 Votes

A warm welcome to the Community @Ddgarner. Could you please be more specific about the inconvenience you are having with your Blaze? Are you able to see the Blaze icon on your Dashboard? Is the issue directly with the syncing option or with the notifications?

Hope to hear from you soon. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes I see the blaze icon, sometimes I get the text on the blaze sometimes I see the call on it. Most of the time I have already gotten my phone out of my pocket, talked to the person and hung up before the blaze even buzzes that there is a call coming in. When I’m sitting right next to my husband and he calls me it shows up right away so I’m not sure why it doesn’t when someone not near me calls.

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes