Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notifications and phone on silent?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Hello

I want to receive notifications on my Blaze but keep my phone completely silent, no vibrate or sounds at all.

If I understand correctly the only way to keep my Android phone (HTC One M8) completely silent with no vibrate at all is to put it into do not disturb mode, but in this mood notifications don't work in the Blaze! An I missing something or is this possible please?

I don't see the point of having my phone ring or buzz if I can keep it silent and have discreet notifications to my Blaze.
Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

I'm not sure wear your reference is coming from. Also in I'm not sure about the HTC, but while I'm in hospitals, I found the phone on complete silent, I still get all text and calls showing up I my arm, I have a Galaxy S5

Best Answer
0 Votes

Afternoon,

TO put your phone in Silent mode you can use this link...

http://deviceguides.vodafone.ie/web/htc-one-m8/change-settings/sound-settings/turn-silent-mode-on-or...

Basically you just keep pressing down on the volume button till the speaker with a cross next to it appears...

But you are correct that if I have my phone on silent that my Blaze no longer gets any notifications...

I turn off all the sounds and vibrate settings off in my apps and use an app for my Sony Xperia Z2 call bitTicker (Google it, it's also free) this sends all my snapchat Instagram FB etc to my phone and seems to be the best way I have found...

Cheers

Best Answer
0 Votes
Rich, here is my reference... step 4 of the Android instructions:
https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1979

It's states that notifications do not work in Do Not Disturb mode, yet there is no other way to have the phone completely silent. 'Silent' mode allows the phone to buzz.

Silent mode
https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-

Requests/Allow-Notifications-Even-When-in-Do-Not-Disturb-Mode/idi-p/878026
Best Answer
0 Votes
Also, I found this person with my exact problem, so I have voted for their suggestion

Requests/Allow-Notifications-Even-When-in-Do-Not-Disturb-Mode/idi-p/878026
Best Answer
0 Votes

When it comes to Android, you can add the sound control to the Status Bar.
First tap turns sound off, leaves vibration on.
Second tap turns both sound and vibration off
Third tap, your back to both sound and vibration.

2016-05-05_21.01.44.jpg

The point of DND is that your not disturbed, Wroth the newer androod we ate able to set up priority people,  that have their messages and phone calls to come through. Your telling the phone that it is OK for these people to interrupt me. The Fotbit app is gping to pass on any messages that our recieves. 

The other way to ayah this problem would be to always have the phone send notifacations to Fitbit,  then habe Fotbit decide when amd if messages come through.In thos case the DND will be controlled strickly by Fitbit. 

These are just my thoughts. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
The problem here is that it's not possible to have the M8 fully silent without going into do not disturb mode. So actually it's the phone's problem not Fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes