Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notifications not working on Samsung Galaxy S8

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So i got my Blaze two weeks ago i was using my old s6 because my s8 was being repaired. Everything was perfect. I transferred over to my s8 and i have followed every single suggestion repeatedly, wasting hours. My notifications will not work. I've tried turning it off, restarting it, checking the notifications are on on the device and my phone. I have ensured all notifications are allowed by my phone, i have forgotten the device on my phone, i have tried everything i was told to on the fitbit site. Ita still not working has anybody got any new suggestions  i am really devastated i just changed from alta hr to blaze. I am so disheartened. 

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for getting back and for providing all that information @Kojak7400.

About the battery on your tracker draining fast, I've gone ahead and escalated your case to the Support Team for them to help you out with this. Please keep an eye on your inbox for further instructions and hopefully we'll have you back on track soon.

Now, about the issues with Samsung directly @Nicole_iasc, I'm very sorry about this. That is the information that we have available at the moment, so we'll need to get an update from Samsung directly to have this sorted out.

@notec, I'm sorry you're also having problems with the battery on your tracker. I would also recommend doing what I asked @Nicole_iasc to do, please, put your tracker to charge and once it's fully charged, take it off the cradle and put it on. Sync it and use it as you would normally do. Make sure to sync it frequently after this so that the battery levels are recorded on the app logs and once the battery dies, let me know so that I can take a closer look and then we can move forward with other options to get you back on track. Welcome to the Forums and anything else you may need, let me know!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
12 REPLIES 12

Hi there @Nicole_iasc. Good to see you in the Fitbit Community Forums! 🙂

I'm sorry you're having problems with the notifications on your phone not working properly 😕

First, I'd like to make sure that notifications are enabled on your tracker itself. For that, swipe down from the top of the screen and  the notifications menu will appear where you can turn them off or on. If it's already set to On, try to turn it to Off and then back to On and sync your tracker.

Now, when it comes to the Samsung Galaxy S8, our team is aware of some issues on the Samsung side that reduce Blaze's ability to connect with the S8.  These issues affect several bluetooth devices from other manufacturers as well and we will need to wait for Samsung to release an update which will get this issue resolved.

If you can try setting up your tracker on the old S6 phone and you can get it to sync  there, it's most likely the issue with Samsung that is affecting your phone.

If you need anything else, I'm here to help!

Best Answer

I was told this same thing about my Blaze.  it's samsung and they need to release an update - well that was over 4 months ago.  It did start to work for a bit, now it's not again.  I want to upgrade to the Ionic but it's not worth it if even the newer phones can't handle the new fitbits.  I need to receive the notifications on the fitbit as I have to keep my phone silent most of the time (especially at work), and at hockey arena I can't hear my phone so if there is an emergency with my daugther I need to be able to know she's contacting me.  I have the S8 as well.  

Best Answer

Hi @Kojak7400. Welcome to the Fitbit Forums!

I totally understand your position but as I mentioned before, this is not an issue directly with Fitbit but with Samsung. Note that this is an issue that affects Bluetooth devices from other manufacturers as well, so it will be matter of waiting for Samsung to release an update that will address these issues in order for this to be fully fixed.

Anything else, I'm here to help!

Best Answer

What about battery issues as well.  Mine doesn't even last 2 days, and I don't have things like tracking my heartbeat etc on.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back @Kojak7400. Now, this is not related to the Samsung issue.

The battery on a Fitbit Blaze should last for at least 5 days with a regular usage. If you're having problems with your battery not lasting as it should, I'd recommend doing the following:

Put your Blaze to charge and once it's fully charged, take it off the cradle and put it on. Sync it and use it as you would normally do. Make sure to sync it frequently after this so that the battery levels are recorded on the app logs and once the battery dies, let me know so that I can take a closer look and then we can move forward with other options to get you back on track.

I'll be looking forward for your reply!

Best Answer

@FerdinandFitbit So i plugged fitbit in Sunday night to charge. Put it in the wristband Monday morning.It is now Tuesday afternoon and I just got a notification that my fitbit battery is low, almost all the way down, not red yet but will be soon.  I also emailed samsung and they said the following :"Thank you for contacting Samsung Customer Care. We do understand your concern regarding the issues between Samsung and Fitbit. However, please note that this could be an compatibility issue between the phone and the Fitbit. If the phone works fine with other Bluetooth devices and Fitbit connects with other phones, it seems to be compatibility issues between them. Your understanding is much appreciated. Thank you for being a Samsung Customer! Kind Regards, Samantha Samsung Customer Care http://www.samsung.com/ca".  So in other words they are not fixing anything with compatability and neither is fitbit.  so now what?

Best Answer
It's not good at all. I wouldn't have purchased the blaze if i had of known this.

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer

yeah i'm not sure how long i have had mine for, maybe just over a year?  I wanted to upgrade to ionic but it's too expensive but now I see the versa is coming out in about a month.  I enjoy the fitbit but not that it stops working. New phones should be able to support newer technology - it shouldn't be that hard.  And now one is blaming the other so nothing will get fixed.  maybe need to research other options.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back and for providing all that information @Kojak7400.

About the battery on your tracker draining fast, I've gone ahead and escalated your case to the Support Team for them to help you out with this. Please keep an eye on your inbox for further instructions and hopefully we'll have you back on track soon.

Now, about the issues with Samsung directly @Nicole_iasc, I'm very sorry about this. That is the information that we have available at the moment, so we'll need to get an update from Samsung directly to have this sorted out.

@notec, I'm sorry you're also having problems with the battery on your tracker. I would also recommend doing what I asked @Nicole_iasc to do, please, put your tracker to charge and once it's fully charged, take it off the cradle and put it on. Sync it and use it as you would normally do. Make sure to sync it frequently after this so that the battery levels are recorded on the app logs and once the battery dies, let me know so that I can take a closer look and then we can move forward with other options to get you back on track. Welcome to the Forums and anything else you may need, let me know!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi I've only been having this issue for a few days.  I have a Samsung s 6. No problems previously . I always keep my phone on silent. Very frustrating. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi Roshyn,

My problemed resolved itself by itself. I'm nit sure hiw it happened but i did the checklist i was given by Fitbit over the span of a week on and off and one day it just started working. Its extremely frustrating though!

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem.  I cannot get my notifications from my Samsung Galaxy S8.  With the original post that I am replying to, there is a message stating that the problem is solved and I cannot find the solution.  Is there anyone that can give me the directions on how to get this fixed?  If not, I may return my Fitbit Blaze because one of the main reasons why I bought this particular product was that I would be able to get notifications from my phone.  Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes