Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Odd Logging of Steps (Not Driving)

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi there, 

This is my first week with my Blaze, and I am getting terrible step readings.

I have gained 500 steps just by blow drying my hair this morning, another 500 just adjusting my pillow to get out of bed, 250 for getting dressed, 8000 steps taken by photocopying items sitting on a stool just by lifting on and off paper from the copier.....and about 1000+ by answering the phone and working at my desk not moving.

I changed my dominant / non-dominant settings, with still no change. I have even lengthened my stride significantly and it's still logging steps with the slightest of arm movement. (just typing this I gained 12 steps?)

Is there any other settings I can change?

I'm at my wits end, and where I bought it won't let me return it because I opened the package.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

It's great to welcome you @babyhugs and thanks for troubleshooting this inconvenience by yourself.

Factors such as tracker placement, dominant or non-dominant wrist, and stride length can all affect the number of steps recorded. If you haven't check your stride length, I recommend following the steps provided in this post. Also, when doing arm movements, the Blaze can pick up some extra steps if it thinks you're walking. Please walk 100 steps and let me know how many does the tracker counts.

See you around. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

As I stated, I already changed my stride length to the max actually, and still if I move the wrist 1inch off the keyboard it records it as 2-4 steps.

100 steps = 2467 Steps..... AT MAX STRIDE LENGTH.

I'm tired of moving my wrist 1-5 inches and getting multiple steps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the information @babyhugs. At this point, I recommend keeping an eye on your inbox for further instructions.

Catch you later. Woman Wink

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes