Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixel 2 compatibility

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Are there any plans to get the pixel 2 on the compatibility list???

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
181 REPLIES 181

Its cleary a Fitbit problem. 

Since in this case it  doesnt show as a supported phone when checking tho the fitbit site.

I have no problem with my bluetooth seeing  the Fitbit device , but the fitbit app doesnt see  the phone. 

Again its NOT shown as a supported phone , this is not acceptable for me. I for sure will be looking to other trackers for my running/hiking/joging.

Fitbit has lost  a 4 year customer and about 100 of my friends . They are going broke as a company . Actions like this on their part I can Now see see why . 

They dont care. Fine  thats their choice not to listen to their customes.  

Might as well declare bankrupcy and then you wont even support anything, even what you support know will be abandoned when that day comes

Best Answer

How is it clearly a Fitbit problem though when the Garmin VivoSmart HR+ produces the exact symptom, and it's not even a Fitbit device?

I'm just saying that Google's Pixel 2 is also suffering from massive incompatibility with not just Fitbit, but many many many other BT devices as well. This could be a Fitbit problem, sure, but it's very likely this is a Pixel 2 problem too. It could even be both but it's definitely something that isn't unique to Fitbit's capability of making their device compatible with the Pixel 2 since it's not just Fitbit experiencing connectivity problems with the Pixel 2. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree, it's a Pixel 2 problem. It's the phone's hardware. I find it hard to believe they released a second generation phone that is less compatible, but I've had connectivity issues with my car, too.

Having said that, after a week of headaches, the devices seemed to have "made nice" and a month later I haven't had to reconnect my Fitbit despite it being an unsupported device. It's been working consistently.

Best Answer

Your  both wrong , all my bluetooth devices  pair with my Pixel 2 XL( Jaybirds blue tooth headphones ,car stereo) . The Fitbit is the only one  I have that doesn't .

Clearly you do not know what you are talking about .

Both of you are  wrong. Its not up to Google to make their software work with Fitbit. Its Fitbit that has to make their software work with the phones, whatever the phone is . PERIOD

Such as true with other OEM ( samsung, LG, HTC,etc) phone makers they have to make their software work alongside Android OS.Such as true with Fitbit

Android OS is an open source code.Third party companies have to make their software work with that not the other way around.

Basically your  "not to bright" adp if you think its the connectivity problems is with the Pixel 2 your100% wrong . That's all Fitbit .Same with Garmin .

Yeah  same with you  Diana  . How much do you know about coding and how phones actually.function software wise ?  From you comments I say you know nothing about software programming or coding to even make a statement like that

There is nothing wrong with the compatible connectivity with my car or my blue tooth head phones.Both work perfect with the Pixel 2 XL. Its clear you dont understand phone software

Fitbit is the only blue tooth device I have that doesnt work with my Pixel 2 XL . All others work flawlessly. No issues at all .

I do know this much neither one of you know  about phone software, and who is suppose to make their software function with it .

I guess I need to repeat in case I did not make it clear  its Fitbit that  does not the phone manufacturer

Best Answer

Look at the Garmin website there are 3 guys who had a bluetooth issue and no one has reported any since December of 17.  From what I am reading the October Android update is when the issue really cropped up and was supposed to be fixed in late November of 17.  They claim they are working on it .  It's an Android OS issue it seems.

Best Answer

Nope its not the Android OS  issue. Its an Fitbit issue !!  100% positive on that

I have the original Pixel as well  same version of the software as the Pixel XL  Oreo 8.1.0. It does work on the Pixel sailfish. 

So 100 % not  phones software .

Clearly you dont understand phone software  either 

Both phones are on the   April 2018 security patch as well

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah, what do I know I'm just a software dev...  Go to Google's forums https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/phone-by-google/hcPRStQER3E

I also had a Pixel 1 and yes, it worked fine the entire time I had it.  

Best Answer

Well if you are then you know there are good developers and bad  developers ( poorly coded apps)

The hardware of the Pixel 2 is detecting  the blue tooth paring on my device   Settings>Connected devices>bluetooth> it shows the fitbit as listed there, along with other bluetooth devices

The problem is the fitbit app isnt reading that . So its not syncing. All other bluetooth device I have does show in that list but also syncs.

Their software works with Google's

Fitbit's  software doesnt.

To fix that is an Fitbit problem , not google problem

For example

Just as any app before  OS Oreo was released it is up to the Dev. of apps to update their app  to work with that new OS.

Its not Googles  job to do that .

I dont know how I can be any more clearer then that

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yikes, all you needed to do was read the link I provided earlier to find that there's hundreds of people complaining about Pixel 2's problems with their devices.

https://support.google.com/pixelphone/forum/AAAAb4-OgUs-lpPfDGvkNw/?hl=by

Many of them, including me, have tested these same devices on other, newer phones, like the Note 8, with no issues. 

You can act as condescending as you want, but there is clearly an issue with the Pixel 2. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

YIKES  learn to read 

You  dont seem to  understand as clear as that post above yours was .

We are not talking about the note 8 or if it shows compatible, the note 8 has nothing to do with anything .

One more time this is the only  device that doesnt work over bluetooth  ALL the others do work  Period. 

There is no issue with the PIxel 2 on what I am detailing except a fitbit issue .  There is no Pixel Issue  with bluetooth for me .  

condescending haha look in the mirror pal !!  that seems to be your issue

Best Answer
0 Votes

Again, if everything worked on the Pixel 2, you wouldn't have all those people complaining on the Google forums.

Additionally, compatibility lists are only for when issues arise that they can say "we're looking into it". There should be nothing special about the Pixel 2's Bluetooth implementation and yet, it's a problem for many, many, many people outside of Fitbit connectivity. I'm glad Bluetooth works perfectly for you on your Pixel 2. That's wonderful!

Many people don't have that same experience.

I listed Note 8 (and the original Pixel) in previous posts because the Note 8 is a newer device and thus, would be even more likely to experience problems, but lo and behold, it does not. If there's something wrong with the Pixel 2's implementation of Bluetooth, well, it's no wonder Fitbit might also be tackling with a problem Google has not solved. You have all these phones that Fitbit is compatible with and suddenly they can't grasp the Pixel 2? I call B.S. 

Combine that with not just the Fitbit, but multiple people experiencing their fitness tracking devices not able to sync with their Pixel 2 consistently (or at all, in some cases), and it points to a very strong possibility it's also a Pixel 2 problem.

In terms of reading, you're the only one suggesting that it must and can only be the Fitbit, as if you have some vendetta against the company. Myself, as well as others, have statesd that it may be both Fitbit and the Pixel 2 having issues. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Weirdly I've just bought an Ionic and it synced fine with the Pixel 2 XL. What is not working is music control....

Best Answer
0 Votes

I understand that the Pixel 2 is not on the compatability list but the issue is with Android 8 (Oreo). My blaze works perfectly when I roll back to Android 7 on my Pixel 2 but not so well with Android 8 and even worse with Android 8.1 . Samsung has already pushed Android 8 to the Note 8 and Galaxy 8 for sure and I have friends expeirencing the same issues even though their phone is compatable.  Most android flagship phones will if not already run Android 8 by the end of June and this problem will follow . My question is when will fitbit accept it is an OS issue and not a phone issue? Android P will be released this summer as well, how will fitbit respond there? I feel as if fitbit developers are concentrating on Apple updates and putting Android on the back burner as they keep giving the run around . I refuse to switch to Apple just to keep my fitbit and upgrading to a Versa or Iconic is not an option when they dont work either. I am just looking for an actual answer rather than just look at the compatability list as Android 8 gets pushed fitbit will have to start removing all Android devices from this list. Disappointing that fitbit fitbit makes a great product but just refuses to support it .

Best Answer

Mecircusboy, thank you for that info. Sadly I just installed 8.1 this morning but so far have not noticed any real difference. I was really hoping it would get fixed in 8.1 till I read your post. I'll post again later oneo I get more data. I should be happy it syncs at all from what I have seen here. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I found an answer here a couple of months ago. First, removed ionic from
Bluetooth. Then removed the entire watch instance from Fitbit. Restarted
phone. Added to Bluetooth and resetup watch in Fitbit. Everything has
worked since this
Best Answer
0 Votes

I did those things to get it working at all. My issue is with it not tracking distance correctly. I used to be able to use my watch to start the GPS tracking an exercise before switching to the pixel 2 xl from the s6. but now I have to use map my walk again to get accurate results. I'd love to blame my phone but other apps still work fine with Bluetooth.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I now have a versa. So far this has worked for me too (although I have had
to do this about once or twice a month since I got it). We shouldn't have
to do this at all to keep it working! I don't have to do this with my
bluetooth car connection, Bose speaker, or anything else I connect my phone
to.

--

Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the
world. - Nelson Mandela
Best Answer
0 Votes

Have you verified that the distance tracking to be accurate if you start an exercise on your watch?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have an app to track the distance on my phone, so I'm not sure. I use
Map My Walk on my phone.

--

Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the
world. - Nelson Mandela
Best Answer
0 Votes

Just curious, but why would you want to use to separate apps to do the same job? I'm not being sarcastic, I'm just curious as to what the advantage is. 

Best Answer
0 Votes