Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Protection for your Blaze

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Is anyone else scared about not being able to put a screen protector on their blaze???! I always try to be careful but I am a little nervous about it.
Best Answer
55 REPLIES 55

I don't use a screen protector, but am worried I am going to damage it while hitting the watch on door jambs and such. I bought this through Amazon: Do a search for Austrake Frame Replacement For Fitbit Blaze Smart Watch

It has raised edges, so I am not hitting the watch itself. Adds a little bit of bulk to the watch, but I kind of like the look. I have a tiny nick on the edge of the display, and don't want anymore. Only had this for two months. This works for me, and might for you also. 

Best Answer

Hello @SunsetRunner thanks for taking the time to share your feedback! 🙂 If you haven't done it already, I would recommend visiting the Discussions board. You might find interesting topics to join and discuss. 

Catch you later! 🙂 

Retired ModeratorAngela | Community Moderator

It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of silver and gold! Share your story!

Best Answer

if you put waterproof protetion glass will it help the blaze be waterproof

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @waterproofblaze.  Good to see you in the Community! 🙂

What type of waterproof glass is the one you're talking about?

If it could shell the whole tracker or at least the module, I would say it will be fine but if it only covers up the front face of the tracker, water will leak by the rear part and could result in your tracker getting damaged,

Your tracker is slpash water resistant but is not meant to be used for swimming or showering with it.

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer

waterfi.com will completely waterproof the Blaze and other devices and guarantee it to be waterproof

Moderator edit: Personal information removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @docwatkins. Good to see you around!

I've heard of waterfi and it seems to be a good option, however, having the Blaze to go through this process will most likely compromise the warranty as it alters the tracker and also, as far as I know, waterfi sort of seals everything inside the electronics. The Fitbit trackers use internal altimeters to sense the atmospheric pressure and this way track floors climbed and this is measured through a tiny hole that goes from the inside of the tracker to the outside and going through this process could damage this feature as well.

You can  read more about the warranty policies here.

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer

Fully aware of how their process works. Fitbit’s warranty is non-existent as it is so what do you have to lose. You will lose ONE function, the floors climbed. Total waterproofness would be worth the loss of this one function. I’m not THAT concerned about floors climbed. Waterfi discloses this issue. One could read and decide for themselves. They are a reputable company so trusting my $250 device with them is not a concern.

Moderator edit: Personal information removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got a scratch on my Blaze within 2 months of purchasing it.  Not sure how it hapened but is was deep enought that it was always visible.  I called Support and they definately took care of me.  That was while it is still in warrenty.  I dont know how many times they would do that and what happens afer the warrenty expires.  When you say use a protector at your own risk, what risk is there? I love my Blaze and don't want an accident to be something I someday will just have to live with. Thx.

Best Answer

@docwatkins saying the warranty is useless makes me think your new to fitbit. There Ew many mentions of fitbit replacing travelers two three times. Not to mention. He warranty is a legal binding document between 

Fitbit and the buyer

Best Answer
NOT even close to being new to Fitbit, SIR. Been with them since the beginning when the ONE came out. I am quite versed on the warranty and its legal contents.
Not everything works for everyone. Unfortunately I am one of the ones that it DIDN’T work for. AND, if you had read, I wasn’t asking for it to be warrantied out, I was JUST outside the 1 year warranty, I was asking to pay out of pocket to buy or send it in and have replaced the battery and band. Fitbit wouldn’t allow me to have what I already owned serviced. I think its a shame that as long **ahem** I take care of the product, that the components should be able to be replaced even if its at my expense, NOT thrown away so I have to buy more. THAT’S not good business.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
The contents of this email message and any attachments are intended solely for the addressee(s) and may contain confidential and/or privileged information and may be legally protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient of this message or their agent, or if this message has been addressed to you in error, please immediately alert the sender by reply email and then delete this message and any attachments. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, copying, or storage of this message or its attachments is strictly prohibited.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I don’t know who said use at your own risk. I have one on my Blaze, my Surge, and my Charge. They are all working fine in the regards to clarity through the protector. The sensors in the screen still function properly. Nothing has been impaired due to the screen protector.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
The contents of this email message and any attachments are intended solely for the addressee(s) and may contain confidential and/or privileged information and may be legally protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient of this message or their agent, or if this message has been addressed to you in error, please immediately alert the sender by reply email and then delete this message and any attachments. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, copying, or storage of this message or its attachments is strictly prohibited.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Screen will definitely scratch. Had my Blaze for 5 days and after doing some repairs on my bike I noticed a scratch across the middle of the screen. I was very disappointed because I was told screen protector wasn't necessary. Fortunately I purchased it at Best Buy and they let me exchange it. Had them install a Zagg HD screen protector.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I managed to get three deep vertical scratches within a couple of days of receiving my Blaze.  I managed to put up with it for a few months but I am finding it is still starting to interfer with the touch screen so hopefully customer services can help.

It's a shame as the scratches are really obvious.  I have had quite a few people who have been impressed with the watch but have been put off due to the scratches.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Great to see you around @docwatkins, @Jfranc@Aeneades,  @mb1234 welcome to the Forums and @Rich_Laue thanks for stopping by! Woman Wink About the warranty, keep in mind that our limited warranty provides replacements for trackers deemed to have a manufacturer's defect within 365 days of purchase. If your tracker doesn't meet these warranty conditions, the advocate will offer a courtesy discount of 25% good towards the purchase of any tracker. Fitbit strives for excellent customer service and in the past often replaced trackers that were not covered under warranty. Though customer satisfaction remains our number one goal, the demands of running a global business require that we now enforce our warranty consistently. 

Catch you later. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

Ok?... Your representative checked my tracker with extensive troubleshooting with my tracker plugged in and sync’d and stated that it was in fact not operating as it should...So where does that leave me? They did say that my warranty had just expired. I asked to send it in at my expense and have the battery replaced. Could not be done. Why?
Why do I have to buy another device when the one I have is fine minus the battery ??

Moderator edit: format

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have a screen protector on my blaze as I work in a prison and wear my blaze at work and I didn't want it getting damaging when closing cell doors or gates. I have screen protectors on all my tech. They have saved my HTC when I dropped it face down on the pavement. Screen protector smashed but screen and phone undamaged. Protecting your Fitbit tracker to me is a must as we all have the habit of bashing into things I'm sure. Better safe than sorry
Best Answer
0 Votes

100% Agree….you get out what you put in ! A small price to pay to protect…….What good are the screens on the devices we purchase if you can’t read or see them due to scratches?

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @docwatkins and @bracken9422 it's great to have you here!  @bracken9422 thanks for sharing your experience, you are right better safe than sorry! I use screen protectors for all my devices. @docwatkins I'm sorry to hear about your Blaze, currently we don't  have a repair center to fix your tracker, if any tracker is damaged and under the warranty period our customer support team will replace it. 

Let me know if you have any questions! 🙂 

Retired ModeratorAngela | Community Moderator

It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of silver and gold! Share your story!

Best Answer
How unfortunate for such a small issue as a faulty battery and band. My Blaze was replaced. Thank you. I am however still stuck with two trackers that are useless and just out of warranty. These small issues need to be handled in or out of warranty even if it’s at the buyers expense which I offered to pay.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have one on my blaze and I have not had any issues.

Best Answer