Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pulse Update Delay

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have noticed while working out with the Blaze that the displayed pulse is delayed by approximately 30+ seconds.  I specifically notice this when doing interval working where when I used a chest strap my pulse would immediately start to slow down right after an interval and conversely immediately start to increase when an interval started (which makes a ton of sense).  BTW, when using a chest strap to capture my pulse I see no delay.  My actual pulse (minus the offset) appears to match the chest strap but I find the delay to be quite frustrating since it's not showing a real-time result.  

I am not sure if the same delay is occurring in normal non workout mode since I don't typically see the same pulse swings.  I also don't know if this is a Blaze specific issue or if it affects all the other pulse enabled FitBit products.

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @Rflynch. Great to see you in the Community Forums!

When it comes to a small delay in the heart rate, this is pretty normal. It can take up to a minute for the heart rate to update. For example, if you are wearing your tracker and take it off, it can take a few seconds to show the two dashed lines for not registering any heart rate.

Also, keep in mind that chest straps are medical devices and while Fitbit is a device that will help you keep track of your activities, it's not categorized as a medical device.

Hope this makes sense, let me know if you have more questions.

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks @FerdinandFitbit for your reply but I am very much not convinced that explains what I am seeing. The documentation for the purepulse technology indicates it gives continuous and real-time pulse updates during a workout.  I am seeing that the pulse is at least 30+ seconds behind real-time even during ideal conditions like when I am taking a break in my workout and have already been receiving pulse updates for a while (I haven't just put it on as your example states). This is bad because I cannot rely on the Blaze to tell my current heart rate especially during interval training where my heart rate will go up and down very frequently.  

I understand that the chest strap will generally be more accurate but I am only using it for comparison here as a way to verify that the pulse being reported by my Blaze during a workout is significantly behind real-time. 

Best Answer