Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about connected GPS route

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Yesterday I took a short walk to a shopping centre and back. The distance and route seem to be mapped correctly.

But what is the straight line going from E. London St. to Bonnington on this screenshot? I didn't go there. I may have lost GPS briefly whilst in the shopping centre, but the Blaze seemed to know where I was and connected again instantly as soon as I got outside.

Screenshot 2016-04-16 at 13.32.11.png

I noticed a similar additional vertical line on a more suburban walk recently, but again it did measure the route accurately.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I think this is because there could be a little more processing of the GPS data done by Fitbit.

For some reason your phone's GPS  reported that you were out there. This could be because a temporary loss of a satellite connection, or being to close to a building and the Blaze locked onto a reflection of the signal. There are many reasons for this to happen, Fitbit needs to do a little more tuning of the logic for GPS data.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

I think this is because there could be a little more processing of the GPS data done by Fitbit.

For some reason your phone's GPS  reported that you were out there. This could be because a temporary loss of a satellite connection, or being to close to a building and the Blaze locked onto a reflection of the signal. There are many reasons for this to happen, Fitbit needs to do a little more tuning of the logic for GPS data.

Best Answer