Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick Assessment Of The Heart Rate Monitor

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I did a quick test comparing the Blaze heart rate monitor with my Polar H7 heart rate monitor.

I did various things like sit, stand up quickly, walk in place, jumping jacks, sit quickly, swing my arms, etc...

The Blaze heart rate monitor seems to be pretty accurate (within 1 or 2 beats), but there is a 5 to 10 second delay in the reaction time. This makes sense because the differences in the methods used by the two different devices.

So overall I am confident it will be accurate enough for what i do, which is mostly power walking, biking, hiking, kayaking, and a little jogging.

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7
I agree. I have compared it to my Polar and elliptical and the Blaze is quite accurate.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I agree that for general use it's pretty good but once you crank up the activity it gets a little wayward.

Results from my comparison https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Blaze/Heart-Rate-Inaccurate-During-High-Intensity/m-p/1208626#U12086...
Best Answer

@SunsetRunner wrote:
I agree that for general use it's pretty good but once you crank up the activity it gets a little wayward.

Results from my comparison https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Blaze/Heart-Rate-Inaccurate-During-High-Intensity/m-p/1208626#U1208626

I'm old. My max heart rate is 162. That type of workout would probably kill me...:)

But definately a good test.

Thanks,

Best Answer
0 Votes

Here is a power walk I did today at Tyler State Park...

IMG_0003.PNG

IMG_0004.PNG

IMG_0005.PNG

This is very much on par with my Garmin fenix3 and Polar V800 using chest strap heart rate monitors and doing the exact same walks.

Impressive.

Best Answer

Hello,

So to recap you used the fitbit Blaze and iPhone for GPS?

Thanks,

J

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was actually going to make a thread here and give a short review as well.

So far, I've gone on a sprint session and I did a shoulder/bicep workout at the gym. The heart rate is literally dead-on. Either that or I am palpating my own heart rate innaccurately (unlikely!) There were a couple of times that I needed to 'catch-up' to what my heart rate actually was but it only took five seconds or so.

Best Answer

@jston2014 wrote:

Hello,

So to recap you used the fitbit Blaze and iPhone for GPS?

Thanks,

J

Yes. iphone 6s+

Best Answer
0 Votes