Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pricing already being discounted

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is anyone else disappointed to see that the $199 price is ALREADY being discounted to $188 by both WalMart and Amazon?  I thought by pre-ordering we were getting a 'special' deal.  Turns out the special deal is only available to those who waited.  I really like the watch and upgraded from the HR but.....  

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Nope $199 is the suggested retail price, Fitbit legally can not tell the retailers what to charge. Wait until big sale days like July 4th it might be found at $149

Pre-ordering only was to get it in your hands earlier

Best Answer

do you really feel bad about paying $11 more (and getting it sooner)? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's never good to get Fitbit's right away. They always go on sale.

Best Answer
0 Votes
If you wait you will always get a better deal. It's just a question of how you long you want to wait and what type of discount you're looking for. Apple Watches have dropped in price too by $100 through places like Target.

REI is offer a $20 gift card for members on any purchase over $100. They aren't in stock yet but you can preorder. I'm thinking about going that route plus they have great customer service if you have issues w the unit for the first year.
Best Answer
0 Votes

It doesn't bother me in the least.  I've had mine since Friday, I opted for regular free shipping on my pre-order.  Like has been said, you can always wait and shop around for a lower price or extra freebies, but, for me, I don't like waiting and I was thrilled they shipped early. I also want the Alta, for dress wear, as it looks more feminine than their other trackers.  For the Alta, I will likely wait until it's been released and shop around a bit, or, maybe not...

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Gshock

Yeah, it didn't take long for AW's to drop in price. A lot of places offer $100 off or close to it. Same with the Microsoft Band 2 having gone on sale shortly after launch. Just need a little patience and you can usually get a good sale price on Fitbits.

Best Answer
0 Votes