Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick View Sensitivity

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Good morning guys. So far, I am loving every bit of my Blaze. However, my Quick View seems to be erratic. Is anyone else suffering from this? Turning my wrist towards me works maybe 50% of the time. Most times, I need to turn my wrist entirely away from me, and then turn it towards me. Is there any way to adjust this sensitivity? Is anyone else experiencing this?
Best Answer
29 REPLIES 29

Try this:

1. Take the Blaze out of the frame and place it flat on the table with the watch faceing you
  2. Wait for the display to turn off, 10 seconds.
  3. Tilt the watch up to a vertical position, the display should come on.
  4. Lay it down and it might turn off, if not tilt it back a little more.
  5. Put the Blaze back on your arm
  6. Rest the arm on the table, with the watch in a vertical orientation, the open palm faceing you.
  7. Wait for the display to turn off
  8. Rotate the arm, slowly, so the watch is horizontal with the palm flat on the table.
  9. The display should be on. If it doesn't turn on, slowly keep rotating. 
  10. It seems to be that 90° rotation that turns the display on.
  11. A smooth, non jerk, not a shake, send to work best.

Once their is an understanding of the motion required to turn the QV on, I found it easy to incorporate into the raising of the arm.

As for the reason the Surge can keep the display on, this is because it relies on LCD technology and depends on an external source of light. Yes it also has Qiivk View to turn the internal light on, so it may provide its own light from the side of the screen. This light is internal to the watch, but external to the actual display.

The Blaze however depends on the RGB, LEDs to produce their own light to display.

Think of the display as a mini computer monitor or TV. The battery would need to be charged several times a day if it was continually on.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Could they not just implement a brightness setting? Or at least a setting for screen timeout duration? I wear it on the inside of my wrist and am having trouble getting the screen to come on when I raise my wrist to eye level. I wouldn't mind having to charge it once a day! Plus, if they made it an OPTION then you could pick whether you want the screen on constantly. When I'm at the gym working out I'd like to be able to glance down and see my HR and the time so I know how long in between sets im resting.

Best Answer
On the watch go into settings - brightness you can manually adjust it there.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Agree. Not sensitive enough. Seems like the required wrist motion is too exagerrated. Please offer this as an adjustable option.
Best Answer

It seemed to work no matter which way I turned my wrist. I turned it off to save battery life.

Best Answer
0 Votes

've only had my Blaze a few weeks and am seriously considering returning it over this issue. I did not realize that the Blaze's display lacked an "always on" option until frustration drove me to look for it! 

As others have said, mine works maybe 50% of the time, but seems impossible to activate when waking in the night. Nothing worse than having to totally wake up to find you still have two hours before your alarm goes off! 

I also find it counterintuitive that in 2017 one should have to learn a specific arm motion to read a wrist watch!? Give us an option for constant display and battery be dammed! (sic)

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine turns itself off in settings, you may have to double check it now and then that it hasn't reset to the off position - I once flipped it on, and then watched it talked back off a moment later lol. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

A warm welcome to the Community @Gthore and @KimdBro thanks for stopping by.

I recommend taking a look at the Night Mode for screen brightness request, vote for it and leave your comment. I hope this can be implemented soon.

Catch you later. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have about 50/50 luck when I want Quick View to work. However, at night, when I'm tossing and turning, it always seems to come on really bright in my eye. Guess I'll just tirn it off. Shame- sounds like a good feature

Best Answer

Make sure you have the correct wrist and dominating wrist chosen to match your preference and placement of your Fitbit and that you are wearing your Fitbit with the word "Fitbit" on the inside of your wrist. 

Then set and sync the clock face to the original setting. This finally worked for me after multiple failed attempts. I then switched it to another clock face and it still works. 

Best Answer
0 Votes