Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick view and Bluetooth

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Hi Emerson,

Is there a way to change quick view to be more sensitive. I have to move my wrist too forcefully for my face to show up which is important to me because I like having a watch.

Also, what are the advantages of having Bluetooth paired all the time? Should I always have Bluetooth on in my phone?

Yesterday I had trouble twice with connected gps. I hope it works today for my short bike ride.

Thanks!

Justin
Best Answer
0 Votes
2 BEST ANSWERS

Accepted Solutions

Hey @Jlanny312. I think I can help you with this. Welcome to the Fitbit Community by the way! 🙂

There is currently no setting for the QuickView feature to be more sensitive. What I can suggest would be to restart your tracker and just make sure to turn your wrist at least 30-45 degrees (based on my own experience) for your Blaze to show the time.

Now, whenever you have "All-day sync" enabled, your tracker will constantly sync (every 15-20 min) even if you have the app running in the background but if you don't want this to happen, you can just turn it off and everytime you open up the app it will sync and update your dasboard. The advantage of having it on all the time is that your dashboard will be constantly updated but if you don't mind about this and it's okay for you to have your dashboard updated until you open up the app, that's fine.

Hope this answers your question and if you need anything else, feel free to let us know!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

View best answer in original post

Best Answer

@Jlanny312 lets start with Quickview.  

No there is no adjustment to fine tune.  

• I suggest taking t he watch off of your wrist
  • Hold the face horizontal, and facing you.
  • Slowly rotate the display towards you to the verticle possition
  • It should turn on
  • It will turn back off when rotated back to a little past horizontal
  • It is this rotation that turns the display on.

Put the watch back on, now that you know what the watch wants to see.

With the arm by your side lift it up to your face

After the arm gets to about horizontal

Gently twist the wrist so the clock face is vertical. 

When lowering the am it will turn off. 

Ok let's look at the BT pairing,

• Pairing s just telling your phone that the tracker is a known safe device that can be trusted to connect with.
  • If you keep it unpaired, then the trust will need to be set up everytime GPS or a sync will want to be done.
  • Pairing is not the same as connected
  • Connected is when the 2 units are talking together, ie GPS, Syncing, or controlling music. At other times on phone BT settings, the Blaze says Paired, not  onnected. This means that no active communication.
  • Paired but not connected means both units BT are in listening mode.
  • Turning the BT off on the phone is optional but does add another step when wanting to communicate.   
  • The Blaze has no option to turn BT off.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Hey @Jlanny312. I think I can help you with this. Welcome to the Fitbit Community by the way! 🙂

There is currently no setting for the QuickView feature to be more sensitive. What I can suggest would be to restart your tracker and just make sure to turn your wrist at least 30-45 degrees (based on my own experience) for your Blaze to show the time.

Now, whenever you have "All-day sync" enabled, your tracker will constantly sync (every 15-20 min) even if you have the app running in the background but if you don't want this to happen, you can just turn it off and everytime you open up the app it will sync and update your dasboard. The advantage of having it on all the time is that your dashboard will be constantly updated but if you don't mind about this and it's okay for you to have your dashboard updated until you open up the app, that's fine.

Hope this answers your question and if you need anything else, feel free to let us know!

Best Answer
Thank you. I would suggest that Fitbit give options for quick view and make
it more sensitive in future software updates.
Best Answer

That's a very good suggestion @Jlanny312.

You can take a look at our Feature Suggestion board and see if there is already a suggestion for  this and if not, you can create your own for others with the same suggestion to vote for it and for this to be taken into consideration.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Jlanny312 lets start with Quickview.  

No there is no adjustment to fine tune.  

• I suggest taking t he watch off of your wrist
  • Hold the face horizontal, and facing you.
  • Slowly rotate the display towards you to the verticle possition
  • It should turn on
  • It will turn back off when rotated back to a little past horizontal
  • It is this rotation that turns the display on.

Put the watch back on, now that you know what the watch wants to see.

With the arm by your side lift it up to your face

After the arm gets to about horizontal

Gently twist the wrist so the clock face is vertical. 

When lowering the am it will turn off. 

Ok let's look at the BT pairing,

• Pairing s just telling your phone that the tracker is a known safe device that can be trusted to connect with.
  • If you keep it unpaired, then the trust will need to be set up everytime GPS or a sync will want to be done.
  • Pairing is not the same as connected
  • Connected is when the 2 units are talking together, ie GPS, Syncing, or controlling music. At other times on phone BT settings, the Blaze says Paired, not  onnected. This means that no active communication.
  • Paired but not connected means both units BT are in listening mode.
  • Turning the BT off on the phone is optional but does add another step when wanting to communicate.   
  • The Blaze has no option to turn BT off.
Best Answer