Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement blaze screen?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Afternoon I've had the fitbit blaze for around during a month and all is perfect. Today I've fallen over and badly scratched the screen.

Can you tell me if there is a way of getting the screen resurfaced or replaced please?
Best Answer
0 Votes
62 REPLIES 62
Afternoon I've had the fitbit blaze for around during a month and all is perfect. Today I've fallen over and badly scratched the screen.

Can you tell me if there is a way of getting the screen resurfaced or replaced please?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Barmonkey

Fitbit doesn't do repairs, though sending a replacement if needed when under warranty. Likely falling over isn't covered by warranty.. (hope you are okay)

.. Though feel free to contact the Fitbit Support Team & tell them what happened:

India | United Kingdom | United States

Optionally check out Returns & Warranty before contacting support.

No promises, it's up to them to decide.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have a fitbit blaze and the screen went out. Spent about an hr getting the run around by customer service. I sent all requested documeny now they want the watch too before they will replace. Ive never had an issue before. In fact they replaced my charge hr (broken band) no questions asked. Ive had all of the fitbit products since the flex and every one has had an issue. Fitbit makes crap products simple as that. I will find another tracker with less issues.
Best Answer

Hi there @SunriseRun381. Good to see you around!

I'm sorry about your damaged Blaze... Fitbit has changed some policies when it comes to warranty and it's now required for users to return their defective trackers in order to have them replaced depending on the specific situation. If they offered to replace your tracker, send it in and they'll be happy to get you back on track with your replacement.

Let me know if you need more help! 🙂

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer

I had the same issue too. They were not willing to take care of the customer at all. I will NEVER buy anything Fitbit makes again. I should have stuck with Apple product. Their customer service has always been excellent. 

Best Answer

Hi there @UPSdriver. Great to see you in the Forums and I'm sorry you went through this with your tracker 😕

Did the offer any other alternative or they only said the wouldn't help you with it?

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes
It took two conversations but they did eventually send me the pebble.
Arrived today.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, I also have a blaze with a very badly cracked screen. It is not under warranty and wouldn't matter I don't think since I dropped it. What I am wondering is if I can send it I. For a replacement screen at my cost? Or do I need to get another one?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi! There is no way to replace the screen. it is a sealed until. If it is
not under warranty you can buy a replacement "blaze pebble" for 60-70$ off
Ebay or Amazon. Hope this helps!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I was given a fitbit blaze as a birthday gift in April 2017.  I thought it was great for my running and exercise regime. Recently the screen cracked for no apparent reason, I don`t remember falling or any specific trauma so was surprised to see it cracked under what I consider "normal" use. It is supposedly designed to be used during exercise so one would expect it to be reasonably robust. I applied to FITBIT assuming they would repair or replace the unit only to be told this is not possible and cracked or damaged screens are ouside the normal warranty. They did offer me 25% off a new one. Quite frankly I am appalled by the response. Reading some of these forums it seems this is a very common problem so why would I buy another one which is likely to result in the same issues. Do not buy one of these units, poor customer service and clearly not "fit" for purpose !!

Best Answer
I went through the same thing. Screen cracked all the way through for no reason. The first time I contacted them they wanted to offer me 25% off. NO THANKS! I was so angry. I contacted them again after a couple of days. I asked for a replacement “pebble”. That is the main unit of the watch. After some back and forth they agreed to send me a replacement. I am really disappointed that I had to go to that length to get them to do the right thing. Call them back. Be persistent. Don’t take no for an answer!

Thanks,

Scott Chalker
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the advice. I will keep trying but bearing in mind I am UK based I suspect I won`t get anywhere. I have sent several emails only to get the same "limited warranty" comments back. Furious wouldn`t be too strong a term to describe my current feelings !

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well they upped the offer to 50% off a replacement, but exactly the same arguement as before. Not acceptable especially without reassurances that the same problem will not occur again or assurances that the screen glass has been upgraded or protected in some way.

Best Answer
0 Votes
That’s disappointing. I have decided that when mine dies, I’ll be going back to an Apple Watch. You might want to consider that option. Their customer service is second to none.

Thanks,

Scott Chalker
Best Answer

My screen cracked on my blaze and was rep'aced by Fitbit immediately. Allmost 6 weeks later again the new one cracked second time they refused to change it. Really sucks!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I think its time for all of us to move to Apple Watch.
Best Answer

I have to say I agree with you.  Very disappointing response from Fitbit and maybe they realise they have a problem and don`t (yet) want to admit it.

Best Answer

Thanks I will do that, I contacted them 3 days ago & the only response I got was we need more information, I am confused I sent them a picture of the cracked Fitbit although I don't know why I guess maybe someone would lie about that, but I have decided if they don't offer me a replacement I will purchase another watch somewhere else but not a Fitbit, I have been loya I started with the Fitbit Flex & moved up to the Blaze.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had two screens crack on my Blaze for some unknown reason.  Never dropped or hit it against anything.  Just looked down at them and the crack was there.  The first one went dead from something else and was replaced by Fitbit under warranty.  The second is still functioning just has a big crack in the screen.  I've seen numerous postings for this same issue.

Does anyone known if the new Ionic screen is the same type of material?  I've been with Fitbit since their first trackers and don't want to change but I also don't want to upgrade and end up with the same problems.

Best Answer
0 Votes