Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Run distance not saved

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hey guys,

my Fitbit blaze and I are a team for little over one year now and it has been awesome so far.

When I record my runs via the activities tab in my smartphone everything shows in the app: GPS is fine, pace is voiced every 1mile.

But when I end the run the data does not get saved ... I can share the result screen with my friends but after exiting the screen the data is lost.

Only the data recorded by blaze (steps, HR) gets saved.

It happened now the third time ... Any suggestions??

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

As for the app tracking, this has been answered, the recording was  paused and then resumed. This error howwver erased all recird of your event, and not just distance. Therefor i had no idea what the problem was.

You say that your friend also sees no distance, but the use the tracker to record the run. I don't know of any reason for their event not t o show.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Friend of mine with Charge tracker told me today she has had the same problems and tracks only with her watch ... 

😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

@D4ni3l did you ask your friend which of the three modes is used when they track runs?

Auto detect mode will not dispkay distance.

The manual run mode without the connected GPS should give a calculated distance, think take a guess.

Manual run mode with connected GPS should display distance and produce a map.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well I will ask her about that ...

But the question still remains for me: why is the tracking with the app not working ...?

I like to get info about distance and pace while running over my earplugs, which works great. But the data does not get saved when I finish the run in the app.

Tracking in manual mode with phone GPS is not allowing me to get the pace and distance via sound notification and I don't like to keep looking at my watch while running...

It has worked great in the past, I don't get why it stopped...

Will try tracking with watch+phone GPS but don't like the "solution" 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

As for the app tracking, this has been answered, the recording was  paused and then resumed. This error howwver erased all recird of your event, and not just distance. Therefor i had no idea what the problem was.

You say that your friend also sees no distance, but the use the tracker to record the run. I don't know of any reason for their event not t o show.

Best Answer
0 Votes

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Android-App/Missing-MobileRun-map-pace-data-Android-2-44/td-p/186361...

Did not know about that ... so my problem is not solved but at least i know now it is pause and resume runs what is causing the issue 😉 thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had a similar problem with Charge HR after applying the most recent android phone app update. The run was not paused, I had the green screen come up with a motivational comment after finishing run and app appeared to freeze. I switched to check text messages, had to relaunch fitbit and all run data except steps and pulse were lost. Attempted several syncs after that to see if the problem would resolve itself and logged onto website as well. No sign of the missing info for 7.25 mile run,

Best Answer
0 Votes