Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seconds on the Blaze watch face

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Will the Blaze watch face have seconds?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

If you're really interested in seeing seconds on the Blaze Clock, i suggest one person adding this suggestion to the Features Board. The others should then vote on it, this feature board is where the developers look to see what the users would like. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
68 REPLIES 68

@KirbyrunThe Blaze clock face does not display seconds, only hour and minutes.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
Is there ever going to be a Fitbit watch face with seconds? Or at least let us the user use other apps to download a watch face with seconds. Sent from Bill's iPhone
Best Answer

I would imagine displaying seconds on the watch face would have an adverse affect on battery life. When you are developing a smartwatch that needs to be charged every day that is not such an issue but when you are developing one with a battery life of 5+ days it seems to be a bigger deal.

It does have a stopwatch feature however.

Best Answer

@KirbyrunNot that I am aware of at this time. While there will be updates to further enhance the user experience, the addition of third party apps is not currently planned.

Best Answer
Is there anyway that the blaze can get seconds as a clock face option? I work as a CNA and that is especially useful for me to do my job. And I don't want to buy a second watch just for the seconds. Hopefully the creators can do something about this soon because if I don't have seconds on it I probably won't buy it to be honest. But I have been loyal to Fitbit, I have the aria scale, the Fitbit flex was my first tracker and then I bought the surge (it was much after buying the surge that I became a CNA and realized that it did not have seconds on it as a face option either) which unfortunately fell off my wrist when I was taking a walk and then got ran over by a car (RIP Surge), I'm back to using the flex again for now. I really would love to buy the blaze but I would be less inclined to do so without that very important feature. Please find out if they can make that a feature for people. And if it is a battery concern then give the users the option to activate that feature and deactivate it at will, this way it can save battery when necessary but the feature is still available to those who need it. Thank you.
Best Answer

I would like to see a clock face that also shows seconds. I don't use it to often but it's nice to have when I do need to use it and all my other watches have that feature.

Best Answer
It doesn't seem like showing the seconds would be that much of a battery concern if the watch face is not always on, but I don't know for sure.
Best Answer

If you're really interested in seeing seconds on the Blaze Clock, i suggest one person adding this suggestion to the Features Board. The others should then vote on it, this feature board is where the developers look to see what the users would like. 

Best Answer

I am also a medical professional, and i currently have my fitbit on one wrist and watch on the ohter because of the seconds issue. Would love to see this be an option, would buy right away.

Best Answer

@Rich_Laue wrote:

Someone did:

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Requests/Seconds-on-the-clock-face/idi-p/1114602

Good luck with that - 13 months ago the same request was posted for Surge - currently has the 13th highest number of votes (613) and Surge still has no seconds on a watch face:

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Requests/idb-p/features/tab/most-kudoed

Aria, Fitbit MobileTrack on iOS. Previous: Flex, Force, Surge, Blaze

Best Answer

@Hytre26 Sorry to hear about your Surge! Although, I am happy to know that you still had your Flex as a backup.

At this time, the Blaze has a stopwatch and countdown timer if you're interested in viewing seconds as well as minutes. Additionally, as @Rich_Laue mentioned above, I recommend making sure to vote for the existing Feature Request idea here as the more votes those ideas get, the more likely they're to be considered in the future for implementation.

Best Answer

A clock face with a second hand ticking away would be AMAZING and practical. Many Fitbit users work in the healthcare industry and I know that nurses such as myself could benefit from having a second hand for BP and HR. Is a clock face with military time asking for too much? Woman Very Happy

Best Answer

@lafinduglobe wrote:

A clock face with a second hand ticking away would be AMAZING and practical. Many Fitbit users work in the healthcare industry and I know that nurses such as myself could benefit from having a second hand for BP and HR. Is a clock face with military time asking for too much? Woman Very Happy

Merged with existing topic...

Mike | London, UK

Blaze, Surge, Charge 2, Charge, Flex 2 - iPad Air 2, Nokia Lumia 925 (Deceased), iPhone 6

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

@lafinduglobe Great suggestion! I recommend making sure that your voice is heard by following my recommendation of adding your vote to our Feature Request board, here. See ya around! Robot Happy

Best Answer

@lafinduglobe wrote:

Is a clock face with military time asking for too much? Woman Very Happy

@lafinduglobe As far as I know all Fitbits support showing military time. (You just have to set your time preference to 24h in the web profile/settings page.)

Best Answer
I'm a nurse and could really benefit from the seconds being displayed on the watch.
Best Answer

This has been requested on the Surge and yet there is no update regarding seconds to show on the clock. Doubt they will put this on Blaze.

Best Answer

I'd say that the Blaze has more chance than the Surge since the Blaze display isn't always on so the power impact of adding a second hand should be lower. (I'm guessing, of course, since I have no detail on the inner workings of the trackers.)

Mike | London, UK

Blaze, Surge, Charge 2, Charge, Flex 2 - iPad Air 2, Nokia Lumia 925 (Deceased), iPhone 6

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

@bbarrera, yes someone posted this request many months ago,  but then a second thread was started in 2016 without doing a proper search. This second request will split the votes,  amd the developers might be looking at the one with 97. 613 votes over 13 months is not a very requested feature, I've seen some requests get that many in less than 2 months.

Best Answer