Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up a 2nd Blace

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Purchased my son a Blaze and can not seem to set up under my Account after setting him up with a Profile.  When I attempt to do so, it asks me if I want to Replace mine.

Thanks. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@GaBlaceFam  at the moment, the only device a child can use is the Ace. As long as your child is under the specified age, it's the only device that will work for them.  You can read more here - click to go there

Hi @NoLifeBen  and welcome to the forums.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

Hey there, @GaBlaceFam.

Welcome to the Fitbit community! Smiley Very Happy

Unfortunately, you cannot have more than one of the same tracker type hooked up to the same account. However, I advise adding your son to your Fitbit family. You can do this by going into the Fitbit app, and going to Settings > My Family > Add Children. From there, you can set up your child's account and still be able to monitor their activity.

If you need anything else, let me know, and I'll try to get back to you as soon as possible!
- Ben

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ah, ok.  I set him up as a Child.  How do I set up his blaze / activate for use?

Thanks a ton.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there, @GaBlaceFam.

This method has worked for me in the past, but I cannot guarantee that it will work for you as well. However, this is my suggestion: try logging into his account using his new username and the password associated with the account. It should allow you to manage both.

However, if this does not work, or you want an easier way of doing it, you're going to have to create a new account for your son and sync the tracker with his account. You'll still be able to monitor his account as long as you know the details associated with it.

If you need anything else, let me know, and I'll try to get back to you as soon as possible!
- Ben

Best Answer
0 Votes

@GaBlaceFam  at the moment, the only device a child can use is the Ace. As long as your child is under the specified age, it's the only device that will work for them.  You can read more here - click to go there

Hi @NoLifeBen  and welcome to the forums.

Best Answer

I have to say this @NoLifeBen   - why the user name like that? You must be alive if you're on the forums, unless you're a robot.

What Fitbit do you have?

Best Answer

Hey there, @Odyssey13.

Welcome to the Fitbit community! Smiley Happy

The main reason my username on the forums is NoLifeBen is because it's as if I spend all of my time on the forums, helping others out. It's just a bit of a joke, that's all.

And if you were talking to me, the trackers I currently use/wear are both the Fitbit Blaze and Charge 2. However, I'm really trying to get a Fitbit Versa more than anything, so if you know anyone that could help me out, let me know. Smiley Wink

If you need anything else, let me know, and I'll try to get back to you as soon as I can.

- Ben

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ahhhh @NoLifeBen  surely you have a life!  I've been on the forums since before they moved over to these forums. September 2013 is when I started on here.

Best way to get a Versa would be to save up for it or tell your family and friends to get together and buy one for you. You could always sell your other Fitbits and that might get you a good start on that Versa. Check out the sales, too. So many places have back to school sales, which is going to be soon. I can't believe the summer is going by so quickly!

Best Answer