Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Blaze Battery Draining

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have had my Blaze since June and in the last two days a full battery will drain within 3-4 hours. I have not changed any settings. Please advise. Thanks.

Best Answer
72 REPLIES 72

A warm welcome to the Community @Vicfed2002. If your Blaze is not holding a charge, I recommend checking this post, where our friend @AngelaMa is providing some steps to follow to this inconvenience.

Let me know the outcome. Woman Wink

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

I have this same problem! Months of happy usage and then suddenly a battery that doesn't last more than a few hours. What is going on?!

I have read the list pointed out above. Useless. Those are tips on how to use less battery. They don't help with unexplained sudden drainage. Like the user above my settings were not altered and neither was my usage.

I have reset my Blaze. I have switched it off and on again. I have changed the settings as advised above. Still my problem persists. What happened?! Is there a solution? How do I fix it?

Please help!

Best Answer

Same deal here. 5 days on a charge since I bought it in January, then 1-2 days all of a sudden. I contacted customer care and they sent me a new one that still only holds a charge for 1-2 days.

Best Answer

Great to see you around @Haymi and @pm1694 welcome to the Forums.

First of all, thanks for troubleshooting this issue by yourself. If you are having battery inconveniences with your Blaze trackers, I recommend following the tips provided in this post.

I hope this helps, let me know how it goes. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am also having this problem all of the sudden. At the end of April I was sent a replacement device to fix the battery problem and as soon as I paired it, the firmware updated. The new tracker also had the short battery life as soon as I received it. I have a friend who hasn't taken the latest firmware update and she's still seeing 4ish days of battery life. I feel like this is related to the firmware but when I sent that in my last message to fitbit on my replacement situation they never responded. 

Best Answer

I too am having same issue. Battery is suddenly draining in a matter of hours.  The tips posted are not working. Need help too!

Best Answer

Add me to that list.    I was getting 4+ days from a charge; now I have to recharge almost daily.

Best Answer

I stay in India and I'd bought my fitbit blaze from London 6 months ago. Since last couple of weeks my battery of the device is draning very fast and i need a solution to it. Kindly help me about it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This problem started with me soon after getting my Galaxy S8.  I've since uninstalled the fitbit app from my phone and my Blaze is holding a usual five day charge.

Best Answer

My FitBit Surge has started having battery draining problems as well. There seems to be an awful lot of people having this problem....My surge has been draining completely within 6-8 hours when it used to last 4-5 days with my text and phone notifications active. I changed all of my settings recently so I do not get any notifications or anything through my Fitbit but it still drains. I charge my device at 100 % yesterday while I was at work, I put it on when it was finished and not even an hour later it was already 1/4th drained. I hadn't even moved because I have a desk job so there is no way it should drain that quickly. I don't believe it has anything to do with the settings because I don't have anything extra set up...it is the device....please advise.

Best Answer

Oh yeah, I forgot, my notifications stopped working as well.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am working with the Chat on Fitbit.com now, but it isn't solving any issues.  I have already received a replacement for this issue, and that battery drains faster than my original.  It appears that it is after the last 2 firmware updates, but nothing is being done about it.  They keep throwing replacement trackers out there, which I am sure costs good money.  Maybe they should roll out a firmware update that is 2 revisions ago and see if these issues go away.  I also just upgraded to an S8, which I see one other person did.

Best Answer

Sad to see that I am not the only one having these issues. Rather suddenly, having to charge up every 2-3 days, syncing issues, notifications not coming through. Anyone actually find out if this is update related?

Best Answer
0 Votes

One thing to check that nobody mentions is the screen setting , put it on auto or the lowesr needed

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit Blaze battery is also only holding a charge for much less than 24 hours.

I have followed all the steps recommended in the previous posts, all to no avail .

Up until the last firmware update my Blaze battery would last for around 4 days.

I am very disappointed with Fitbit, my current Fitbit Blaze is a replacement and is now just a watch and step counter that has to be charged daily. There is no point in having the extra features if they can not be used!

Best Answer

Hi. My Blaze battery lasted for 5-6 days but since my last charging it got drained in only 2 days even without changing a single setting.

The Fitbit app is still showing full battery but the tracker's battery icon is blinking indicating that battery is low. Kindly provide me the solution. 

Best Answer

Had the same problem, it also gets very hot when charging, which is a concern! 

Best Answer

Count me in as another one suddenly having a problem.  I fully charged the fitbit last night (green battery icon) and went to bed.  About 4.5 hours into my sleep it died (I could tell because of the time when it booted back up).  I plugged it back in and charged again this morning and went to an interview.  Came home and it was low again, so charged it up to about 90%.  Went out for a walk and errands and came back 2 hours later to find it low again. 

I've restarted the tracker and my phone.  I did have the "Always Connected" option on so I've shut it off.  Hoping for better results.  However, this setting has been on for quite some time.  I went from 3 days to about 4-5 hours of charge. 

Best Answer

Update: Fully charged it this afternoon (to 100%) and went back out.  I'm home about 4 hours later and I'm getting a warning that the battery is empty.  3 days between charges has dropped to 4 hours.  Just like that.  I'll contact support now and see if they can help.

Best Answer