Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blaze not holding charge.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The blaze advertises a 5 day battery. When I orginially got it, it would last 2-3, which I thought was no big deal because I played with it alot. However, the last week or so my battery seems to be draining. Yesterday I let it fully charged and have made it a point to not play with it excessively since it was charged. It has been about 20 hours and I have < 1/4th battery remaining. Is there something going on in the background that is just draining my battery? I didnt pay this much to charge my watch daily and I can't find why the battery won't last.

Best Answer
344 REPLIES 344
This is happening with mine too, all of a sudden. It was lasting a few days, but now a day if I'm lucky. I'm not checking it loads or messing about, really strange.
Best Answer

Unfortunately I am having the same battery issue.  Let me know if you figure out how to extend this battery life because having to charge it every day is getting annoying.

Best Answer
I am finding that I am having the same issues as well. I am not sure if maybe I got a "lemon" with this particular Blaze. Between the short battery life and having problems syncing I really am not sure what to think.
Best Answer

@clbandy@Aprilmay1@TheJoker486 and @Jennaay71 welcome to the Fitbit Community! The battery of your Blaze can last up to 5 days, this depends on your interaction with the tracker. Here you can find some tips to maximize the battery life of your Blaze. If you already tried all the tips and your battery is not lasting as expected I would recommend to contact customer support so they can review your traker's back-end information and provide you a personalized troubleshooting experience. 

Let me know how it goes! 🙂 

Retired ModeratorAngela | Community Moderator

It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of silver and gold! Share your story!

Best Answer

I have had my Blaze since May 2016 and my battery life is draining faster and faster. I am now to the point that it is dead within 16 hours of charging.  I do not use th text feature or the music feature. I did not even workout today and spent most of the day in bed because I am working a night shift.  I took my Blaze off the charger at 10a CT and I checked my fitbit around 3am CT and it was completely dead.  I am very disappointed.  This is my 3rd fitbit product. I really like the app and everything fitbit tries to offer, but I am not so sure the product itself is sustainable for a long life for its customers.  

Best Answer

Hi there @amthrock. Good to see you in the Community! 🙂

I'm sorry that your battery is not lasting much 😕

I would recommend fully chanrging it and then when the battery is full, sync it to your account right away. Use the tracker as you would normally do but remember to sync every now and then. That way when the battery runs out, you can get in touch with the Support Team and they will be able to get into the tracker logs and notice that the battery is indeed draining faster than it should and they will be happy to help you getting back on track.

Let me know if you need any more help with this!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer

I'm on my second warranty replacement because of this issue, I strongly feel this is a problem in the latest firmware. 

Best Answer

Hi there @bunkzilla. Good to see you around!

I'm sorry you're having this problem with your Blaze. I don't really think this is a problem with the last firmware update or at least I've not noticed many people having this problem after that. I'd recommend getting in touch with the Support Team for them to help you out with this and try one more time. I'm pretty sure they will be happy to help!

Best Answer
0 Votes
My Blaze also just started this. I fully charged it on Wednesday and I have it charging again now. It was so low it the time said 1258 which happens to be the clock face style I had chosen
Best Answer
This is happening with my Blaze as well.
Best Answer

Hi there @Teresa6727. Good to see you in the Community! 🙂

If you're noticing that the battery is lasting less than 5 days with a regular usage, make sure to get in touch with the Support Team for them to take a look into it and help you out with this. I'm sure they will be happy to get you back on track!

Let me know if there's anything else you may need!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am now on my 3rd replacement with the same issue!! I really don't want to switch to the iwatch

Best Answer

Hi there @Superfastg! Good to see you in the Community! 🙂

I'm sorry this is happening to your Blaze on the third replacement 😕

The only thing I can recommend in this situation would be to get in touch with the Support Team for them to take a look and get you back on track with a new replacement once they can confirm that your tracker is not working as it should.

Let me know if you need more help with this!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Superfastg of the Blaze holding charge issue has been a problem across 3 trakers, it's possible that all three had bad batteries,. Or it could be related to the charging habits.

Best Answer
0 Votes

What is the correct charging procedure. Normally I let it get to the notification point so it tells me I need to charge it after about 4-5days then I leave it on charge over night. 

Best Answer

@FerdinandFitbit, I understand your frustration with everyone complaining, I have the same problem on this topic. Maybe you could get Fitbit to add this issue to the FAQ section. On a side note, it is impractical to ask most people to FULLY charge their watch (2 hours!) ain't no one got time fo that. 

Best Answer

Also have the same battery issue draining after less than 12 hours from a full charge. Followed all the support advice on switching off features including "auto display" and "sync". Support team have been helpful but only solution seems to be a replacement Blaze, lucky mine is less than 5 months old!! Hoping the replacement lasts longer....but judging from all the posts here I am not optimistic!!

Best Answer

I have the same problem i bought mine in September and i just started to have this issue. Icharged it yesterday and when I looked at my watch and the red low light showing a low battery

Best Answer
Sounds very similar. Mine is also about 5 months old. Best of luck to you.
Best Answer