Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setup exercise relevant to rowing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Am I able to set up an exercise which is relevant to rowing?

Moderator edit: subject updated for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

I think the best you can hope for is to set a 'Workout' exercise and rely on the heart rate data for calorie burn. There is no motion based setting that will help with rowing unfortunately.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @Surfrower @Lordrobs. Great to see you both in the Community! 🙂

As @Lordrobs mentioned, that would be the best solution since there is no option for "Rowing" for the exercises shortcuts on the Blaze. Once you record a workout and you sync your tracker and see it reflected on your dashboard, you can categorize it to "Rowing" and that should do.

To categorize an exercise after it's been saved as a workout, you just need to go to to the "Track exercise" section, scroll down until you find the workout and tap on it. This will take you to the activity details as you can see below:

categorize activity 1.jpg

Then right underneath the activity summary, you will see the option "Categorize Exercise" and once you tap on it, you will see a search bar where you can type the word "Rowing" and you should be able to select it.

categorize activity 2.jpg

Once you've chosen that, the activity will change the name on it to Rowing and that should take care of it. Keep in mind that this process can't be undone so if you categorize a workout as "Rowing" or any other activity, you will not be able to re-categorize it.

categorize activity 3.jpg

Hope this helps and if you need any more help, let me know and I'll be glad to help! 🙂

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
I do exactly that when on the erg. When out on the water (I like the GPS tracking) I set it to bike and just have to accept it has the wrong title.
Best Answer
0 Votes

What mode do you put in for rowing. I did eliptical. They need to add rowing. 

@Surfrower wrote:
Am I able to set up an exercise which is relevant to rowing?

Best Answer
0 Votes

These days I've gone for different options.

If I'm using an ergo then I set my Surge to workout and change the title in the app.

If I'm on the water I used to set it to cycling just so I get the GPS tracking. Unfortunately due to the size of the Surge (and that I'm allergic to the wristband) I found it kept getting in the way rowing so I either use my Garmin 800 during races or my phone (in a waterproof cover) and a Wahoo chest strap. Once the Fitbit finally breaks I'll probably move to a Withings or Garmin version.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there @jennymique. Great to see you in the Community Forums! 🙂

As @Kebab_Jerry said, the best thing to do would be to put your Blaze in Workout mode. Once you've completed your activity and you've synced your tracker to your dashboard, you can re categorize the activity to Rowing if you'd like without any problem. The option will appear at the top of the activity details screen once you tap on the activity.

Let us know if you need more help!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer