Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep Score - what a joke

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Who was the bright spark that came up with the Sleep Score which is an arbitrary number that does not take into consideration a person’s circumstances and health conditions. It should have been an opt in as i have been under medical care for some 15+ years and my psychiatrist and psychologist are happy when I get 6.5 hours sleep which your arbitrary number rates as not good. 20 years of insomnia and PTSD from years of service on the front line and to have some arbitrary number now causing me stress and anxiety because i am not “normal” so i get rated as poor or sometimes fair when comparatively to my worst I am sleeping excellent so you telling me otherwise is disgusting. Compared to sleeping 1-2 hours a night due to nightmares of reliving being shot at, stabbed and other times I almost died or the times I watched others dying around me, I was doing excellent but you dont think so. Now theyre back because of the duress and anxiety of your arbitrary numbers which i cant remove from seeing. My ex wife holds a PhD in neuroscience and one of her thesis was in sleep research and you guys have no clue what youre doing when it comes to sleep. Thanks a lot. I’ve now started researching alternative manufacturers after 5+ years of using your product because of this stupidity. 

Best Answer
26 REPLIES 26

I usually get scores in the 70s. I've had a few in the 80s. So last night I only got 4.5 hours of sleep and 12 minutes deep. Somehow I get a score of 80. How in the world can this be scientific or correct. It makes fitbit seem like a joke. 

Best Answer

You are absolutely right. Sleep score doesn't mean a thing even for someone with fairly normal circumstances. I researched sleep quality online and although I got "fair" score most of the time, my sleep is actually normal and to me it was satisfactory. There is the average amount of time that a person spends in REM and deep sleep, and looking at the chart my time spent in those phases was normal. They don't tell you, that actually light sleep has two different phases too and that most of our sleep is light sleep and that is normal. We only spend about 60-110 minutes in deep sleep given the 8 hours night sleep and that REM is about 25%. All the rest is light sleep.

Sorry to hear about your struggles with sleep, that must be terrible. I am doing shift work, so I spend plenty of time awake at night. Sometimes I only get to sleep daytime. In my opinion, it's not very lucky to give people half- or misinformation through a fitbit watch or a stupid application that comes with it. Even if you pay for the monthly subscription, I don't think they could give you enough or good enough information about your sleep. It's all about money. Sad.

Best Answer

You can remove it from your stats on your dashboard.

Best Answer

Thank you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your service to our country. I totally agree with your assessment here.

Best Answer
0 Votes

National Sleep Foundation guidelines advise that healthy adults need between 7 and 9 hours of sleep per night. 8 hours is just a standard pre set. You can easily change your sleep goals in settings if 8 hours doesn't work for you. 

Best Answer

Me too. It gives me anxiety. You were "restless" TWO times while you were taking a nap. WTF. I felt great after my nap, so shut up, Fitbit. 

Best Answer
0 Votes