Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep Stages not Working

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I bought a new FitBit Blaze, which just came in the mail yesterday. I got it started up, but the sleep stages are not working (instead, it is just showing the old sleep pattern). I had the tracking mode set to sensitive, but then changed the setting to normal, and re-entered my start and stop sleep times, and I am still getting the same result. I also used the, "Begin Sleep Now," feature when I went to bed last night. Does anyone have any ideas?

Best Answer
18 REPLIES 18

Hi, @RichieP, is your Blaze updated to the latest software version?  You can check this on the Blaze under "settings" or on your app.  The version number should be 17.8.401.3.  If it is not on that version you will need to update it.

If you are on the latest version number you might need to wait a few days.  I know sleep stages was being rolled out gradually, and I am not sure whether all devices have received it yet.  Mine didn't come until more than a week after the update.

Changing the setting between normal and sensitvie should not make a difference to whether you have sleep stages or not (my setting is sensitive).

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer
I see mine is the 8.401.3 version, which means I'll need to update it.
That's strange, because I thought it did an update when setting up
yesterday. Do you happen to know if whether you tell it to start tracking
sleep, vs the automatic sleep tracking, might matter?
Best Answer

@RichieP, it sounds like you have the latest update  (17.8.401.3 is it).  

I have never used manual sleep tracking.

As I mentioned, I think sleep stages may not be fully rolled out to all users.  I would give it a couple of days and see if it appears spontaneously.

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer

I had sleep stages for around a week. Last night I changed the setting to sensitive and it's back to the old sleep setting. I've now changed it back. Will find out in the morning if it's back to the new setting. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Julia_G Okay, thanks. I am going to try and see if just letting it track my sleep automatically makes a difference. I do see that my app has a screen for showing the totals of time spent in the different stages, though it's just showing the entry of, "No stages," for last night. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Natashamallen Hmmm... Interesting. I will be sure to leave mine in the normal setting, at least until it (hopefully) starts working, before seeing if that makes a difference. I did change the setting to normal this morning, then re-entered my start/stop sleep times, but that didn't make it work for me this morning. It could still be possible that it won't track if it's not in normal mode to begin with, though. I'll wait and see tonight, too. I'll also just let it track automatically instead of manually tonight, in case that also makes a difference.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Also. My dad bought the blaze a few days ago. He charged it fully and turned it on. It asked him to update straight away. Which he did. He's got the latest version as I have. But dads doesn't have the sleep stages. So just waiting to see if he will automatically get it when they continue to roll it out. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It didn't work. Still sleep stages not on. ---Had 7 hours sleep

-Battery was fully charged.

-Watch was placed in my usual place on my wrist. Not loose.

So god knows. All the responses I've found online off Fitbit are to check those 3 things. They haven't said that it's a blip but I'm starting to think it is. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine didn't work either, even though I had my sensitivity setting in normal mode, and let it automatically track my sleep. I had a little over 8 hours total, and no battery issues. I'm disappointed in this so far, and I am emailing customer service today. I will post if they suggest anything else that's helpful or good to know.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Customer service told me to make sure the all day sync option was on, and that, since I only use my iPad at night, and do not carry it around during the day, to start syncing to my phone, where I can have it syncing all day (although, there are times my phone is off during the day, as well, so I'm not sure if that really makes a difference or not). I also wore my tracker up a little higher and a little tighter, like they say you should do for exercise. Last night was the first time I got stages! I'm not sure if it was because of one of those things I did or not, but hopefully it will keep working, and that it's not just a fluke. Ironically, last night was my worst sleeping night of the last 3. Either way, it seems like there are definitely some bugs to get worked out with this feature.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine worked for the second night in a row last night. I again wore my tracker like they suggest for exercise (up a little higher, and a little tighter). I went back to syncing to my iPad, and yet it still worked last night, so chances are that's not the issue either. I'm hoping it will work at least some of the time, but I know that this feature can be buggy at times, and so it's definitely not a guarantee.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@RichieP I also had the same problem. What I figured out is i have to fully charge my Fitbit before I sleep then it goes back to the sleep stages. Otherwise, I see the old sleep patterns also. Hope that helps 🙂

Best Answer

I was able to see the sleep stages last week but now this week it is back to the old schedule.  Too many are complaining for it not to be a blip in the upgrade.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think it only works if you're doing automatic sleep tracking.

But if you're automatic and it still isn't working, I found another post that might address it.  Try changing the settings on your Blaze for sleep sensitivity.  Make sure it is set to high sensitivity or else it won't capture all the data needed for full sleep stages:

https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1314#howdoesmy

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon (User-added image).
  2. Tap or click Advanced Settings > Sleep Sensitivity.

Best Answer
0 Votes

And one more caveat:  every night I sleep less then 6 hours, I just get the old asleep/restless.  If I sleep more than 6 hours, then I get the full sleep stages.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Are you talking about Android or Apple? My husband has and Android and there is no option for sleep sensitivity. I double checked that it was updated.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nevermind, I just had to read your link. Lol! If it is Android, it must be done online. **Note that this setting doesn't apply if you use Alta HR, Blaze, or Charge 2 to track your sleep stages.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Seems strange to me that Android and Apple are that different, but glad it worked

Best Answer
0 Votes