Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep stages not displaying

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just got my Fitbit Blaze and it showed the sleep cycle breakdowns the first night but not last night. Is there a fix for this. No setting have been altered since first set up. The only help I couldn't find in the forums was prior to this new feature being rolled out in March 2017. Thanks!

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes
11 REPLIES 11

Fitbit suggest there are a few reasons this can happen:

"WHY DON'T I SEE SLEEP STAGES TODAY?

There are a few scenarios where you might see your sleep pattern (which shows your time asleep, restless, and awake) instead of sleep stages:

• If you slept in a position that prevented your tracker from getting a consistent heart-rate reading or wore it too loosely. For best results, wear your tracker higher on your wrist (about 2-3 finger widths above your wrist bone). The band should feel secure but not too tight.
  • If you used the Begin Sleep Now option in the Fitbit app (instead of simply wearing your tracker to bed). For more information on automatic sleep tracking, see How do I track my sleep?
  • If you slept for less than 3 hours.
  • If your tracker’s battery is critically low."

taken from: http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/2163/

Best Answer
0 Votes

My sleep stages haven't worked since June 14th.   I have tried everything.  I just receive a facebook PM stating to try keeping all day sync on while I sleep and right down when I go to sleep.  I have my all day sync on all the time. Last night sleep still not showing the stages.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same problem last night.  Only the second time since they started the sleep stages.  Wore my Blaze in the usual spot/tightness, battery was chargedslept for 7 hours .  Have no idea why the stages didn't register - seems like a glitch in the software to me. Tried deleting and reloading program, rebooting my phone - to no avail.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Exactly. I have been thinking about the glinch.  All of a sudden it just stop showing up

Best Answer
0 Votes

The other thing, relative to SteveH's post below- my heart rate monitor - upon which sleep stages are based - was working just fine (indicating the Blaze wasn't loose or too low on my wrist). Sync procedures were the same as the night before, when the program worked. Definitely seems like a glitch in the app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

OK.  Figured out a fix:

1. Note your sleep time - start & finish.

2. Left swipe your non-stage log: DELETE

3. Go to add sleep log; put your sleep time in. ENTER.

4 Display seemed to blink with old stages, then voila, sleep stages appeared. 

Problem solved.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ok, I tried that still no stages.  tried it again and now it brought back the sleep insights back. At least thats a little closer to a fix  Going to try doing it again maybe third the charm..

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yep I got it to work too this way. Hope tonight it works without having to delete and input information. Thanks for sharing!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for the information will keep this in mind!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yep it worked the second time I tried it! Thanks a million. Hope they look into this but on the
Meantime will use this as a fix option!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Correct. This displays proper sleep cycles after a delete and re-entry of a sleep cycle from the previous late evening and start of the current day. Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes