Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep stages not working

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I had this problem awhile back and eventually the device started tracking sleep stages (I'm guessing there was a software update). Several others reported the issue at the time. It started again yesterday and no stages also today. No change in how I wear it, rebooted, etc. Still not working.

Moderator edit: subject 

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

I had this problem awhile back and eventually the device started tracking sleep stages (ImI guessing there was a software update). Several others reported the issue at the time. It started again yesterday and no stages also today. No change in how I wear it, rebooted, etc. Still not working.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m in a similar situation.  It hasn’t worked for about 10 days, but had previously for weeks.  Like you, I’ve been rebooting and no change in how I wear it ....

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @SwimRun and @HACS, it's great to see you around.

Regarding your sleep stages information, there are a few scenarios where you might see your sleep pattern (which shows your time asleep, restless, and awake) instead of sleep stages:

• If you slept in a position that prevented your device from getting a consistent heart-rate reading or wore it too loosely. For best results, wear your device higher on your wrist (about 2-3 finger widths above your wrist bone). The band should feel secure but not too tight.
  • If you used the Begin Sleep Now option in the Fitbit app (instead of simply wearing your device to bed). For more information on automatic sleep tracking, see How do I track my sleep?
  • If you slept for less than 3 hours.
  • If your device’s battery is critically low.

I hope this helps, let me know the outcome. Smiley Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried all the above still no luck.  Has not worked since I bought it 3 days ago.  What is strange is my Wife's also bought on the same day works fine.  Setup on both devices is the same. Only difference is she has Iphone 8  and I have Iphone 6  but both phones are on the same 11.2.6 version.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree.  I don't buy the wrist position answer I think something is wrong with my blaze.  Some nights tracks others it does not.

Best Answer
0 Votes
On mine, every few months I would wake up to find I had lost the sleep
stages function. Rebooting the fitbit appears to fix the problem now,
although in the past it was a software issue. I have discovered if I reboot
it before having the problem, about once every two months, I circumvent the
problem.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for the quick response. I noticed in settings there is a shutdown choice. I shut it down and then turned back on. Is that how you rebooted yours?

Thanks

Robert Ball
bob.ball5@verizon.net
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hold in the left and lower right buttons until it reboots.
Best Answer
0 Votes