Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep tracker not tracking sleep stages

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The past few nights my fit bit has stopped tracking my sleep stages. It is back to tracking just restless, awake or asleep. A lot of times it incorrectly tracks "restless" sleep as being awake. Anyone know what's going on?

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

My tracker did the same last night - it's been tracking stages for as long as I've had it (about a week), and then last night it didn't. 

Edit: and it tracked two hours of hanging out before bed as sleep!

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's great to welcome you @Lyph and @Taymf.

If you are having issues with the sleep stages feature, I recommend restarting your trackers. Also, take a look at this post, where our friend @FerdinandFitbit is providing some explanation about how this works.

I hope this helps, let me know the outcome. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is doing the same, going on 2 weeks now. I don't know what I'm supposed to do to make it work again. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

A warm welcome to the Community @trulyodd. I would like to know if you have tried the instructions provided in my previous post? If you haven't, please take a look at it and follow the steps provided there.

Let me know the outcome. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I recently just started having the same issue as of 3 days ago. Just followed the device reset process and will report back. Thanks. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've tried restarting, cleaning it, wearing it in different locations on my wrist, wearing it loose, tight nothing is working. This is very frustrating as the sleep tracker is the only thing keeping me from getting an Apple Watch but now it's not even working properly. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Reset worked for me. I also adjusted the band slightly as well. 

Best Answer
0 Votes