Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart Lock hardly ever works with Blaze

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

OK - Fitbit Blaze, Galaxy S8, Android Pie (although had the same problem on Oreo), Fitbit app fully up to date, notifications on and working reliably, Always Connected enabled, All-Day Sync enabled, used to have a "persistent notification" but can't find this option anymore, Blaze added as trusted device in S8 Smart Lock settings, Bluetooth classic off.

However, Smart Lock regularly stops working and I have to put a PIN into my S8 to access it, even when I'm holding it in the same hand as the connected Blaze, which is happily sending notifications to the phone. If it can do this, why can't it keep my phone unlocked?

a) do you think this is a Fitbit issue, Fitbit app issue (eg settings), or phone issue?

b) has persistent notification disappeared or am I just being dim?

Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

I've been on android and Fitbit do 5+ years and do not remember any persistent notification. But this could be because your app is set for a language other than English and I'm unaware of what the translation would be. 

We use to have an option that would show in the status bar that Fitbit notification services are running but because this upset the users it has been removed. 

Smart lock works without the fit it app. This works when the phones Bluetooth and the Bluetooth device get connected, or at least when the acknowledge each other. 

May I ask if the gps option works surfing a walk or run. This is the easiest way to test the Bluetooth connections. The ability to send notifications does not depend on the tracker a connection because the app will initiate the connection of needed. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi

Yes, the status showing constantly in the notification bar is what I was
referring to - I just thought the setting was called 'persistent
notification' but maybe I remembered wrong.

I'll see what happens if I try to use GPS on a run etc and post again,
thanks very much.
Best Answer
0 Votes

If you go to the smart lock settings on the phone, does it say that the Blaze is connected? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi

I checked earlier when it was working and smart lock settings showed the
Blaze as connected. The error has just happened, so I looked in smart lock
settings again and the Blaze showed disconnected. I re-synced manually from
the Fitbit app, and immediately went back into smart lock settings again -
it was back to 'connected'. It just seems that the Blaze only stays
connected for so long and then loses it. How do I stop this happening?

Andy
Best Answer
0 Votes

Is always connected enabled? If always connected is disabled, then you are correct. Your app still only connect when it needs to. Screenshot_20190603-143419_Fitbit.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes