Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time zone change

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have searched for an answer and played around and have found only one way to change time zone on a Blaze:  go to www.fitbit.com, click on the Settings gear, scroll down to the bottom, and change the timezone manually.

I can't find a way to change the time zone manually on my iPhone.  It's been a while, but when I had a Charge HR I could have sworn its time zone changed when the iPhone's time zone changed.

I can access the web site via my iPhone and make changes manually but that seems old school.  When I land in a new city, my iPhone's time zone changes automatically.  Why can't the Fitbit app "tell the time" from the iPhone automatically vs. requiring me to manually access a web site and manually making a change?

Best Answer
80 REPLIES 80

It's great to see you here @emmgee. If you want to change your timezone, you just need to do the following from your iOS Fitbit app:

1. Tap account
2. Tap Advanced Settings
3. Checked your timezone

I hope this helps, let me know the outcome. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

While going to Account / Advanced, I had Time zone to Set Automatically.  However, it was still showing the time zone I was in yesterday (London) and only toggling this off and back on did it update to my current time zone.  

Again, if 'set automatically' needs to be adjusted manually.... not a great user experience

@AlejandraFitbit wrote:

It's great to see you here @emmgee. If you want to change your timezone, you just need to do the following from your iOS Fitbit app:

1. Tap account
2. Tap Advanced Settings
3. Checked your timezone

I hope this helps, let me know the outcome. Woman Happy

Best Answer

When the timezone is set to automatic, the time will be corrected during the next sync through the phone. The Blaze itself does not know what timezone it is in, thus after changing timezones, a forced sync may be required. Having all day sync on should also work. By manually switching the timezone as you did caused the app to schedule a sync. This sync updated the time on the Fitbit, the Sync was the missing step to getting the time transferred to the Blaze.

Best Answer
This worked for me but I had to turn off Auto. Clunky
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello,

I just landed in Chicago from Hawaii and my I phone time changed. However my Fit BIt Blaze has not changed time.

I have done everything that people are saying online going to my advance settings the I-Phone had already changed the settings in the Fit Bit. However the Fit Bit time has not changed and all my steps and everything I am doing is not being uploaded to by app right now becasue they are out of sync.

Please advise what else I need to do!! It should not be this difficult. It should change time with the iphone when it synchronizes.

Thank you

Charles

Best Answer

Is your timezone in Fitbit set to auto? If so then you would just need to sync, if you are unable to sync then we need to trouble shoot this. 

Best Answer
I have my blaze set to automatic timezone and synced multiple times and still didn't update to correct TZ. I travel constantly and have manual and automatic updates and neither works. Finally the only way to update it was through that app and changing my TZ in my profile. Please fix the app.
Best Answer
Yes this is a problem in more than one way. Auto timezone has rarely worked for me on Flex, Force, Surge, and Blaze. Not amount of syncing will force a timezone change. Instead it needs to be toggled off and then on.

Secondly, if in a Daily Showdown challenge and you travel from West to East, steps are lost. For example I landed in Houston at 11:10pm California time (1:10am Houston time), and there were 50 minutes left in the challenge. I was behind by 2000 steps, walked 3500 steps around the airport and never received credit in the challenge and lost.

Aria, Fitbit MobileTrack on iOS. Previous: Flex, Force, Surge, Blaze

Best Answer

@ozlace wrote:
I have my blaze set to automatic timezone and synced multiple times and still didn't update to correct TZ. I travel constantly and have manual and automatic updates and neither works. Finally the only way to update it was through that app and changing my TZ in my profile. Please fix the app.

I have exactly the same issue, only it's compounded y the fact the App changes languages as I move between countries! Currently my App is displayed in French, last week it was Dutch... So I cannot change my time zone manually because my knowledge of French and Dutch simply isn't good enough! This is disappointing as I like the Blaze but it's getting annoying now.
Best Answer

@Peterbrux in your app there are two settings the location setting that controls what language, and the timezone setting that controls the offset from GMT.. You just want to change the timezone, and don't touch the location which should stay set for your home country. 

Best Answer
You missed the point , changing timezone in the app doesn't work although I haven't had the language issue with mine.

Sent from somewhere random in the world
Best Answer
0 Votes

I didn;t touch either the language or the timezone, it just decided to move to French and Dutch... not very useful to be honest!

Best Answer

I agree, it doesn't work... something I think Fitbit know about but can't fix for some reason. Now my app on the phone has migrated to Fench, I'm suffed until I return hme.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have tried toggling time zone off, then on. I have restarted my Blaze so many times I can't remember how many times I've done it! And FitBit email support tells me to uninstall/reinstall the app, which I assume would wipe out all of the info my Blaze has tracked in the last few months. I'm getting VERY ANNOYED at my watch showing an hour ahead of actual time. What is going on? I live in central time, the app shows central time, my phone shows the correct time for central time, and yet my Blaze has been on eastern time for three days now, after multiple syncs!!!
Best Answer
You have to change the timeline on the website on the setup page for the blaze. Once changed there then sync your Fitbit. Works every time for me and I am a world traveller. Not smooth but only working way.

Sent from somewhere random in the world
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @Paddypods. Good to see you around! 🙂

When it comes to time change, something really importante to be aware of is that your tracker relies on your phone (the Fitbit app) to keep track of time. It's very important for you to sync your tracker constantly to keep the time updated and that if you turn off your tracker or if the battery runs out, when you turn it back on, you need to get it to sync in order for your tracker to show the correct time as @ozlace mentions above.

Now, be sure to go to your advanced settings in the account section on your app. Here, verify that the "Time zone" option is set to "Automatic" and if it is not, you can select it and make your tracker to sync and see if this makes any difference.

Let us know how it goes!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer

I also travel quite a bit and can confirm that the 'Automatic' time zone feature does not work properly for me.

Travel to new time zone, cell phone updates properly but my Fitbit does not change TZ

Manual sync, still does not update the Fitbit

Go into app, account, settings and see that 'Automatic time zone' is now off, turn it back on

Sync phone (often need to restart the app, Fitbit or both) until it picks up the change

Travel to a new time zone and repeat

I've seen this with my old Charge HR and now on the Blaze. The app turns 'Automatic' off every time it updates the time zone.

Best Answer

The really annoying thing about this is, that last week in Eurpoe the clocks went back an hour for winter time, and the Blaze picked that up immediately and corrected itself! Kinda of left me wondering why it can't deal with time zones automatically, because I've tried everything I've read on this forum, but my Blaze simply won't display the correct time when I move from the UK to Europe (+1 hour).. There is clearly an issue here, and it's ruining what is otherwise a nice product.

Best Answer

Hi 

How did you manage to update the TZ via the fitbit.com site?

I've tried to do that, but there is nothing to select.

Best Answer
0 Votes