Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time zone change

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have searched for an answer and played around and have found only one way to change time zone on a Blaze:  go to www.fitbit.com, click on the Settings gear, scroll down to the bottom, and change the timezone manually.

I can't find a way to change the time zone manually on my iPhone.  It's been a while, but when I had a Charge HR I could have sworn its time zone changed when the iPhone's time zone changed.

I can access the web site via my iPhone and make changes manually but that seems old school.  When I land in a new city, my iPhone's time zone changes automatically.  Why can't the Fitbit app "tell the time" from the iPhone automatically vs. requiring me to manually access a web site and manually making a change?

Best Answer
80 REPLIES 80

I've noticed the following that may help in debugging some of these issues:

After travelling to from Central Time to Eastern Time, and syncing at 1:48 pm ET:

1. My blaze shows current time as 12:48 pm

2. My Android App shows synced today 12:48 pm (1 hour ago) immediately after syncing with the following settings:

Advanced Settings: Automatic timezone is ON (GMT-04:00 Toronto); Automatic location is ON (Canada)

Blaze Settings: All Day Sync ON; Always Connected ON;

3. Website shows:

Personal Info / Advanced Settings / Timezone: (GMT-05:00 Atikokan)

4: Android Phone shows 1:48 pm ET:

Settings / Date and Time: Automatic date & time ON

Changing the Website timezone to GMT-04:00 Eastern fixes the issue for me, as the app now shows after a sync that the sync occurred "just now". However, this is a work around and is a pain as the implication is that I need to go to the website every time I change time zones, and can't rely on the app to manage the time on my Blaze.

Is Fitbit actively investigating this defect? When do you expect to have a bug fix released? Or is this an issue with the Blaze itself and I need to get a replacement sent to me via Warranty?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have no Advanced Settings under settings under Fitbit app, so am unable to access this time zone info.  Used to change time zone through my android cellphone but now there is no way to do that through my phone as it automatically changes and there is no app for access to time zone on my phone anymore.  Help!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mentioning a phone app withiut mentioning the phone type, will help no one.

The advanced settings will be found under the account settings - not under the tracker settings.

This may also be changed through your profile on the web at https://www.fitbit.com/user/profile/edit

then do a sync

Best Answer

Can I put my 2p in as well on this.

I've just come back to the UK from the US where I could not in ANY way by myself update the time on my Blaze using a Windows 10 based phone. I wasted  hours trying resets & restarts , re-installs of apps and visits to fitbit web portals.  The only solution I found was to get my wife with her Apple phone to load the app, sync my Blaze  and then delete the app to give me back control of the blaze.  We then had to go through the same carry on when we got back to the UK.

This is so annoying!  Made worse by requiring to have an internet connection to even get the Blaze to connect to the phone, and losing hours of activity recorded between arriving back in the UK and eventually managing to get the time corrected.  Come on Fitbit get your act together we don't always have access to iPhones let alone the internet, especially when we travel.

Best Answer

I agree. My computer automatically changes time zones, My car clock automatically changes time zones.  Why can't the Fitbit figure this out?  It is really frustrating to have to change the time zone in the app and then sync and then change it back to the current time zone and sync again.  Surely, as smart as you people are you can figure out how to make these Fitbit Blazes change time zones automatically.

Best Answer

Doesn't work!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Unfortunately, having time zone set to automatic does not automatically work.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I found this, too. You have to sync when you get to new zone. I found I can sync to my iPhone from the app.

Moderator edit: removed personal information

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also travel fairly regularly, and have experienced most of the same problems as listed above.  I have a Blaze linked to a Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and have tried most of the suggested solutions, including re-installs, manual syncs, leaving things set to automatic, enable/disable/re-enable auto and all day syncing, all pretty much to no avail.  My phone always gets the new time zone very quickly, and has data roaming enabled which should give no excuse for the phone not being able to contact the website (which also seems a rather unnecessary requirement to allow syncing, but what do I know - I'm only a programmer!)  

On my last trip, when the time zone issue was not critical (I do own a watch!), I left things alone to see how long it took to sort itself out:  3 days, even though the steps and floors record was available on my phone well before then.  At least I now know I am not the only person to find this very irritating.  I would appreciate a fix soon, as this will be a factor in my future decisions of which manufacturer's wrist band to purchase.

Best Answer

Appears to work more reliable with iPhones.  That's what gave me a work around as my wife has an iPhone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Andy,

yes some of the behaviour just doesn't make sense.  It's like the app is only a conduit to your account on the Fitbit servers rather than actually doing anything useful, like controlling settings on the Fitbit across Bluetooth.

Best Answer
0 Votes
So it appears the iPhone works with the Blaze but most others do not? That sucks and is extremely irritating that Fitbit doesn't figure out the fix for this.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have arrived in the U.K. from Australia . Yesterday I've notified Fit -Bit to change my time .Still waiting for this to happen . Poor response ! ! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I really have my doubts that Fitbit are interested in the irritations of people who travel across time zones without an iPhone!  Probably putting all their efforts into their new tracker rather than getting what they already produce to work properly.

Best Answer
0 Votes
It's partly because of the stunning lack of response to this issue that I
have now cancelled my Fitbit premium subscription and moved to different
health monitor.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Whilst travelling to the U.K. I was assuming that my Fit Bit Blaze was to adjust automatically to each time zone whilst linked to my I- phone . This hasn't been the case . My earlier E-mail from Fit Bit was rather rude . Please get your act together and fix the time problem as l can see that sales of this product will drop ! ! .

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I know this is so very frustrating! I finally figured out to turn off my Blaze watch and my cellphone. Restart my cellphone and then restart my fitbit and it worked! I too do not understand why Fitbit is not on of this issue and fixing it.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I totally understand your response. I too do not understand why every other thing I own automatically changes time zone, my car, my computer, my phone, and somehow, FitBit just hasn't gotten it together and fixed it. Have to wait for this one to stop working before I will change to another watch and I do not travel so often that it matters a whole lot but it is frustrating. Finally, figured out to turn off my cell phone and my watch and then restart the phone, let it come all the way up and then then on my watch and that worked but just make me angry to have to deal with it at all.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi

i have installed the Fitbit app to you iPhone and synced to my Blaze - the time zone keeps defaulting to Los Angeles even if I manually set to Melbourne Australia - any suggestion as auto isn’t adjusting to the appropriate time zone??

Best Answer
0 Votes
After having this trouble earlier this year after flying from Australia to the U.K. I went into the Fit Bit Blaze web site and corrected time & Date . Upon return to Melbourne it was necessary to open the Apt and by syncing the the phone & Fit -Bit the time & date were made correct .
Regards ,
Compass 29 ( a 75 year old ! ! .)

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes