Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time zone change

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have searched for an answer and played around and have found only one way to change time zone on a Blaze:  go to www.fitbit.com, click on the Settings gear, scroll down to the bottom, and change the timezone manually.

I can't find a way to change the time zone manually on my iPhone.  It's been a while, but when I had a Charge HR I could have sworn its time zone changed when the iPhone's time zone changed.

I can access the web site via my iPhone and make changes manually but that seems old school.  When I land in a new city, my iPhone's time zone changes automatically.  Why can't the Fitbit app "tell the time" from the iPhone automatically vs. requiring me to manually access a web site and manually making a change?

Best Answer
80 REPLIES 80

Go to personal profile
Time zone will be there
Not intuitive is it?

Moderator edit: removed personal information

Best Answer

I just got back from Bali after a 10 day trip there from Auckland, it automatically updated when I got there, but since I got back it have been stuck on Bali time (Asia, Makassar, 5 hours difference for me).

It doesn't help to; manually set the time zone. resetting the time zone automatic button (even though Auckland comes up and gives me hope for 1 second before it goes back), restarting the watch, restarting the phone, restarting the app, reinstalling the app, resetting the time zone on my phone, updating on the website, nor throwing my useless watch on the ground and jumping on it (okay, joking on the last one there).

Best Answer

I heva the same issue (not the jumping part of course).

I have been to Bonaire in the Caribean (also 5 hours difference) and when I got back to the Netherlands the TZ still remains Bonaire time (unfortunately not the weather remains the same...)

When switching off the automatically time zone and alter the TZ, it sometimes stays accurate for half a minute before switching back.

Tried everything, first a restart of the Blaze, deleting the app, deleted the blaze from my bluetooth devices, tried all of the above in different order. But nothing matters, I'm still looking to a 5 hour time difference.

Last option: I've mailed the Fitbit Support, maybe they have some brilliant solution.

Best Answer

I know where it is, but there is nothing to change. Clicking on TZ doesn't do anything.

It looks like there is somekind of pull down menu, but nothing appears after you click on it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

overhere also timezone change problems.

deleted the app, and the bluetooth settings for the watch, but didnt work.

tried to change the timezone manually on my phone in the app...

also tried via the website and account settings... but doesnt work... on the website it even says ERROR happened while saving profile...

really annoying this. hopefully fitbit comes quick with a solution for this

Best Answer

I don't know where Ferdinandfitbit the moderator is hiding, but maybe he should finally admit that the Fitbit time zone feature is flawed and doesn't work properly.

I'm so angry with mine refusing to change that I stopped wearing it before Christmas because I was in France and the Netherlands on several occasions and the time was always wrong.

I've tried all the solutions recommended on here by Fitbit and by fellow users and I can categorically confirm the time zone change on my watch does NOT work.

Dear Ferdinandfitbit, what chance have I got of getting my money back from you because your product fails a simple thing like time zone changing? If you give me my mo9ney back I could go and find a product that works, rather than the useless pile of crap currently sitting in my bedroom drawer.

Best Answer

This is happening to me, it will change the time zone to change it straight back. It's useless, never had this issue before... some one from

FITBIT please help!!!

Best Answer

Peedy: Don't hold your breath, this one has been running for more than 6 months now, Fitbit have an issue and are clueless on how to fix it, if indeed they canh fix it! My opinion, for what it's worth, is they have several problems here, maybe the Blaze is being manufactured at different locations because there seems to be distinct problems here.

1. Those of us who can't change the TZ

2. Those who can change the TZ but then it won't revert to their home TZ after they go home.

The Fitbit Moderator is conspicuous by his absence right now, I believe Fitbit know this is a problem and quite honestly they don't have a fix. They probably can't afford to recall and replace all the watches that have these issues, is it a manufacturing problem or a software problem or just bad design, my guess is we'll never know because right now, as they have been doing for 6 months or more, Fitbit are hiding their heads in the sand.  

Best Answer

Hi @Eelco. Great to see you in the Forums! 🙂

In order to change the time zone on the fitbit.com site, click on the gear icon and then click on Settings.  This will show you your personal settings and if you scroll down to "Advanced Settings", you will find the TimeZone option right underneath Language by Region/ Country and here you will be able to change this.

Hope this helps and let me know if you need more help!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer

hi @FerdinandFitbit,

at the chance of sounding rude... but seriously, are you stupid? have you even read anything that has been written on this topic? 

everyone has tried to do that exactly what ur saying and all the other time setting options atleast 10 times unsuccesfully...

we are asking for a proper solution to fix the TZ issue and not being able to get the proper time working.

sry for my language, but im a bit pissed off as you probably can notice.

Best Answer

Hi,@FerdinandFitBit

The solution you gave didn't work.

But I was already in contact with FitBit Support, they also presented this solution.

As this didn't work, they started a replacement order, and I'm receiving a new Blaze.

Hopefully they will manage to solve the problem anyway, because I'm not going to stay at home for the rest of my life Smiley Very Happy

Although, like I said, they couldn't provide a solution, service has been great. After only 1 day I got in contact with support, they send me a new one.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Peedy

I would suggest to get in touch with FitBit support, if your FitBit is still in warranty you might get a replacement.

If you have a Blaze, it should be, it's only been on the market shorter then a year.

Hopefully FitBit will compensate you the same way I got compensated.

Best Answer

I will now contact support, the fact they replaced your Blaze without argument says to me they know they have a problem, perhaps even in manufacturing, and they can't fix it. I had the standard reply from FerdinandFitbit when I first reported the problem, since then he has ignored my posts in much the same way as he appears to be ignoring others for whom the standard solution doesn't work. 

Make me wonder if he's a robot as he hasn't suggested to any of use whove complained about this problem, that we can contact support and get a replacement watch. I'm certainly going to try for that.

Best Answer
0 Votes

If I could find you in would hug you! 4 days I've been trying to sort that. 

Finally got it done.  

Thank you so much.  

Sean

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Grillpan! Welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums!

I'm happy to hear that this worked for you! If you need anything else, be sure to let me know! 🙂

Best Answer

Why does my fitbit blaze sometimes automatically sync with my iphone when I travel to different time zones and then sometimes it doesn't at all, have to go to fitbit.com and do it manually????

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @LVT10. Good to see you in the Forums!

Fitbit will automatically sync to your phone every 15-20 mintues when All day sync is enabled. Now, when it's disabled, it will sync everytime you open the Fitbit app. In order for your tracker to take the changes you make on your app, you will need to make it sync right after youve made the changes for them to reflect on your tracker.

Anything else you may need, let me know. I'll be happy to help!

Best Answer

Dear FerdinandFitbit,

Let me share my experience with time zones on my Fitbit Blaze, as maybe it will help Fitbit fix the problem--because it is a problem.  The time zone setting is remarkably inconsistent in sync-ing.  On my android phone I have never been able to get the timezone to sync--I set the phone app to my new time zone, force a sync or wait a week, but the time on my Blaze never changes (everything else syncs properly).  I went to the actual website, Fitbit.com, on my computer and changed the time zone and forced a sync, and that has worked--I now have the correct TZ time on my Blaze.  When I return to my home TZ next week, I will test to see if the app can affect the TZ change.  If it cannot, I will change it from Fitbit.com.   (If that doesn't work, as some people in this forum have suggested, I will be contacting Fitbit for a new Blaze.)   Fitbit really should figure out why the TZ sync is so inconsistent on the Blaze, depending on where the setting was changed.  

Best Answer

This is absolutely ridiculous!  I travel 75% of the time, I was in Vegas last week and the Blaze changed time no problem automatically...  When I came home a week later it stayed 7 hours behind, i restarted the phone, the watch, the app, changed the time in my account from auto to Dublin, synced, rebooted, changed it back to auto and synced again and it was still out.

I just went into the website version of my account and the time was on GMT -7 .... WTF?  I changed it in the app but it doesn't propogate to the web?  I thought it was syncing with the phone not using the phone as a conduit to the web?

Seriously Fitbit, sort this out otherwise myself and probably many others will just go to a smart watch that does what it's supposed to.

Best Answer

Same problem here, went from Amsterdam to Chicago -- my Flex2 went on Chicago time, coming back to Amsterdam it stayed on Chicago time -- highly annoying.

Noticed something interesting, going into "Advanced Settings": at the moment the screen comes up, the red switch for "Automatic time zone" flips from left to right, while the other switches (Automatic location, etc.) just stay right permanently. It not only looks weird, it may also point to a software bug that explain why the time zone does not adjust?

Hope this will be fixed soon!

Best Answer
0 Votes