Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Splits / Laps?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hey guys

So maybe I'm missing something, but when I'm done with a run, my Blaze gives me a little summary of how I did (which is awesome) and when I scroll to the bottom of the screen, it tells me my splits times (also awesome). 

Here's my question: how do I get those splits times on my app or dashboard? The only time I see them is on the watch face; I'd like to get them from my app, too, so I can compare them from one run to the next. 

Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

So, here's what I do. After the run I open the app and sync my blaze. Then I go to the track track your exercise button and I can select the run I just went on. If I had my phone's GPS connected to the blaze I can also see a map of my run. It will show the entire day's exercise so you need to click on the run to see further information. If you had your phone's GPS connected to your blaze then you can see the map of your run, the splits, your heart rate info, calories, impact etc. If you did not have your phone's GPS connected it will only show you the heart rate, the calories, and the impact. In the summary it will show you the average heart rate, the total miles ran and the pace. The heart rate view will also show you the total time. 

Basically if you want your app to record all of the info about splits etc you will need to run with your phone as well as the blaze to get the GPS tracking information. 

In my experience, when you run with the blaze not paired with your phone the splits are not accurate so recording that information won't make a lot of sense.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
23 REPLIES 23

So, here's what I do. After the run I open the app and sync my blaze. Then I go to the track track your exercise button and I can select the run I just went on. If I had my phone's GPS connected to the blaze I can also see a map of my run. It will show the entire day's exercise so you need to click on the run to see further information. If you had your phone's GPS connected to your blaze then you can see the map of your run, the splits, your heart rate info, calories, impact etc. If you did not have your phone's GPS connected it will only show you the heart rate, the calories, and the impact. In the summary it will show you the average heart rate, the total miles ran and the pace. The heart rate view will also show you the total time. 

Basically if you want your app to record all of the info about splits etc you will need to run with your phone as well as the blaze to get the GPS tracking information. 

In my experience, when you run with the blaze not paired with your phone the splits are not accurate so recording that information won't make a lot of sense.

Best Answer

Okayyyyy. Thank you! Usually I don't run with my phone; this is a good reason to start. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@fudge22 Thank you ! I had the same exact question as @misterthomnus and you have solved this for me. I guess now I'll have to redo this morning's run -- (ok, nope ... changed my mind...) - I'll do it next week lol.

Thanks again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I like that in the app, I can see splits by lap and by km after I finished my run.  I would love to be able to set up intervals but I have mine set to show me every 2 minutes as a lap and that is nice.  

Best Answer

Good to see you in the Community @techniclean 🙂

Firtbit trackers are divided in sections for different type of users. The Fitbit Blaze is for people who will use it for their everyday activities but are also very active an this is why the GPS information is gathered from the phone rather than from the tracker itself. Now, if you're a performer and dedicate a good part of your time to running for example, the Fitbit Surge is a great option as it has a built in GPS that you don't need to use your phone to track your routes. Once you're done with your run you just sync it to your phone and it will display your GPS map.

More information about the specs of each tracker can be found here:

-Blaze

-Surge

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes

Tracking your run in workout mode, you can mark the laps manually. When you finish a lap, just press the upper right button (with the circuit symbol). Then you can see your lap time. A few seconds later the screen returns to heart rate and pace or whatever you selected for the two lines. After finishing the run you can see the lap times in the summary. In the app you can see the times for every kilometer and for every lap.

Best Answer

honestly if anyone is seriously considering the Surge, do yourself a favor and consider the following: it hasn't been updated in a year; go look at negative reviews on Amazon; go look at complaints on Surge forum. The Surge is long overdue for a refresh ("Surge 2") and its no longer competitive and long standing issues haven't been fixed.

Aria, Fitbit MobileTrack on iOS. Previous: Flex, Force, Surge, Blaze

Best Answer

are you still using the Blaze..   Any satisfation with recording splits, without caring a phone.,,?    I'm running half mile repeats, and it's impossible to record, anything lest than at mile increments ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for reaching out..  It's a simple function:  Recording splits.  Unfortunatley , you must carry a smart phone.   Which is a PITA, and not ment to be carried during intense distance running..   And if your doing a track workout , like 880's, forget it.  Your not tracking anything less than a mile on this interface..?  

And the heads up on the Surge..?  That's nice but again it's a simple stopwatch function that track workouts need..

Regards

A

Best Answer

I have the Surge and when I run it will show how many minutes it takes to run each mile it vibrates telling me this.  Does the Blaze do the same thing?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @BarbSuth, yes! My blaze vibrates after each km/mile.  Best.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there guys @BarbSuth @Brad.. Welcome to the Community Forums!

As @Brad.mentions, your Blaze will give you distance and time cues which you can set from the app in the log exercise option.

Anything else you may need, let us know!

Best Answer
0 Votes

As of the latest app update in Aug of 2017 this is no longer necessarily the case.  The cues for laps are now ONLY given in distance and pace in the app summary.  The previous versions afforded the opportunity to view lap times and estimated pace.  The reason this is a problem for me is that I have to run very specific split times on a 130 meter track.  The GPS is completely screwy at such a short distance and the pace estimates are more than 2 minutes too high at the 38 second per lap pace rendering both the distance and pace absolutely useless.  The only thing I can rely on to be accurate is the time....and that has been removed/automatically readjusted as a result of the update.  And less than one week from when it could have dire consequences.

Best Answer

Can you tell me how to get my Blaze to buzz at every mile?  I loved this feature on my Surge, but I can't figure it out on my Blaze.  Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

How does your Blaze do this?  I'd love to have mine do the same.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Using the fitbit app, go into the watch settings,

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I must be missing something, but all I see under Settings is Heart Rate Zones, Advanced Settings, and Blocked Users.  I don't see any watch settings.  Help?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there @kbactive. Great to see you in the Community Forums! 🙂

For the app to give you voice cues at every determined distance or time, you will need to open the Fitbit app, then go to the Account section at the top right corner. Here, scroll down until you find the Settings section and tap on Exercise tracking and here, make sure that the "Play during exercise" option is enabled and here choose the cues you want to get and the frequency (either time or distance based).

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need more help with it!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I swim and use the swim app. It has works well. At the end of the exercise the tracker does list my splits, but not all of them. The tracker tells me to go to my mobile phone for the rest of the splits, however the splits are listed as calories on the phone, which is not splits. I asked a competitive swim and she said they never use calories in any work out or race. They are interested only in the time it takes to do a length of a pool.

I went to Google to find the definition of a split and it has nothing to do with calories:

Knowing now the definition of a split, then why does Fitbit call calories splits; that is incorrect. Fitbit competitors trackers do not make that mistakes 

The weekly exercise part of Fitbit.com has another location that lists calories for those who want that information.

What is missing is the splits that are defined as time for a lap.

Could that be a change. The information is available, so why not document it correctly.

In conclusion a split is not calories.

Joe Wojtyna

Best Answer
0 Votes