Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Splits / Laps?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hey guys

So maybe I'm missing something, but when I'm done with a run, my Blaze gives me a little summary of how I did (which is awesome) and when I scroll to the bottom of the screen, it tells me my splits times (also awesome). 

Here's my question: how do I get those splits times on my app or dashboard? The only time I see them is on the watch face; I'd like to get them from my app, too, so I can compare them from one run to the next. 

Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes
23 REPLIES 23

Thanks for the reply, however my question is directed to the reporting, not voice.The reason for the duplicate was that a tech glitch occurred and since I could find by post I assumed it was lost; sorry for the duplicate. Below is the question/comment I wanted to post.

The trackers captures the splits as you swim and then at the end of the swim lists some of the splits that you can scroll through on your watch to view. Then at the end of the list of splits it tells you "for the rest of the splits go to your mobile phone". However, the splits are reported as calories, not times.  The calories used are listed by each lap. Why when splits are defined as time?

This is the problem splits in the word of swimming are not reported as calories, but times for each laps.  A swimmer will evaluate those splits and may compare those splits against other swims.  If the splits are reported as calories the swimmer will not be able to do that review. The tracker does not save the splits when you tell it you are done, so they are lost and can't be reviewed again. You an Google splits in swimming and find the definition that splits are viewed as time per lap.

When I asked a competitive swimmer and now coach of two swim teams if they use calories and she said no.  I then ask if calories were a valuable stat to review for competitor swimmer and she said no. My degree is Physical Education and I have not  replaced splits for time as calories either.

Capturing calories is a value added, but they are not splits.

Is it possible in the future that Fitbit could change how splits are reported on the mobile app and website so the splits could be reported as time for each lap as viewed on the tracker after the exercise is complete not calories? 

Calories could be reported too, but I do not see the reason to list calories by lap; the grand total would be all that is needed.

Other sports like track also use splits as times not calories.  When was the last time you watched the Olympics and the commentators reported the calories used in their athletic event instead of splits.

Thank you,

Joe

Best Answer
0 Votes

Why does it say solved? My question was not solved? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @JRW, welcome back. It's nice to see you around. I'm sorry for the delay in my response.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention, as well for sharing detailed information about your inquiry. About your other question, the accepted solution for this thread was given by the person that initiated this topic. But, I'll be happy to continue helping you with your questions.

First of all, let me share that the Blaze isn't a swim-proof device, and for this reason we don't recommend to swim with it. The devices that you can use to track your swim are: Ace 2, Charge 3, Flex 2, Inspire series, Ionic and Versa series. This and more information can be found in this help article.

If you have one of the devices mentioned above, please provide me with the following information:

• Model of your Fitbit device.
  • Your phone's model and OS version.
  • Verify if the Fitbit app version is updated to 3.0.

I'll look forward to your reply.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a Versa and use the Swim App to track my swim.  It does a good job in counting my laps, calculating my meters, splits (on the tracker) and some other stats one which is calories.  Splits and Calories is where my question has been focused. 

At the end of a swim you can scroll through part of your splits, but at the end it tells you to go to the mobile phone FitBit app for the rest of the splits.  However, the splits are no where to be found.  Apparently someone decided that calories are the same as splits, which is not the case.  Look up the definition to a split; a split is defined by the swimming exercise community as the time it takes for a swimmer to swim a length or lap.  This stats is used to help the swimmer improve their time. 

I have asked competitive swimmers and they never pay attention to calories for any part of their training exercise.

If a person's goal is loosing weight I can see how tracking calories would be of interest.  However, I don't believe it is necessary to track calories by lap.  To me the total calories used for the swim would be sufficient.

My question is why does Fibit replace splits and use calories? Can this be changed or added to the mobile phone swim app?

Best Answer
0 Votes